Chris Knott - Attention if you're under 30

The Mofo

Advanced Member
I've just tried calling Chris Knott for a quote and they are not insuring anyone under the age of 30 of the DC5 anymore. Apprently they've only just decided to take this stance.

Peter D

Advanced Member
Mr David said:
Gutted as by the time i possibly go for the DC5 i would of been 25.

:?
Most will still insure you at 25 anyway

I just got a quote for £1400 from Zenith and £1200 for someone else for my renewal this year, just turned 24 two weeks ago, so you will be fine \:D/

jammy84

Advanced Member
im with chris knott right now. i guess they wont be sending me a renewal notice then in november

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
jammy84 said:
im with chris knott right now. i guess they wont be sending me a renewal notice then in november
They've just sent me my renewal last week... I'm 27...

Mr David

Peter D said:
Mr David said:

I just got a quote for £1400 from Zenith and £1200 for someone else for my renewal this year, just turned 24 two weeks ago, so you will be fine \:D/
How much NCB you have?

I went to Adrian Flux for a quote with 3 years NCB and was quoted at £3.5k :eek: :shock: .

Needless to say i needed fresh underwear.

Peter D

Advanced Member
Mr David said:
Peter D said:
Mr David said:

How much NCB you have?

I went to Adrian Flux for a quote with 3 years NCB and was quoted at £3.5k :eek: :shock: .

Needless to say i needed fresh underwear.
I have 5 years NCB, living in a good area in the Highlands, with 8 points.. With Flux this year for £1700 but that was with a 20% discount for doing under 5k miles, but obviously i've well exceeded that so it is going to cost around £2100 altogether, if they check my mileage!

My £1200 quote this year was with Kwik Fit Insurance! Also £1400 from Zenith..

Someone who is 22 just got an £800 odd quote from Diamond!

hondafreek

Advanced Member
Don't Diamond just insure women though?

I am guessing that they are OK with currect clients, just not taking new ones.

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Hi,

make sure you try my company, our age and many other parts of our criteria are a lot more relaxed as we have multiple underwriting providers :)

Thanks

Peter D

Advanced Member
sky insurance said:
Hi,

make sure you try my company, our age and many other parts of our criteria are a lot more relaxed as we have multiple underwriting providers :)

Thanks
Yeah shame i can't even get a quote because i'm unemployed right now!!! Even though you would be getting paid the money in one payment :xconfused: [-X [-( :xtsk:

Peter D

Advanced Member
Coldfuse said:
What does unemployment matter :xconfused:
They told me "unemployed people are higher risk as they have a worse crash/claims ratio"

So because i got paid off earlier this year due to lack of work, i'm now a s**t driver and am bound to have an accident and claim, even though i have 5 years no claims and have owned the DC5 for a year [-(

Aly

Advanced Member
I would assume they see it as, if your not working you could be driving instead hence more risk of a smash plus being unable to meet excess etc etc

Im paying a grand from my last quote and i was quoted when i was only 22 years old with no experience of a car over 100 bhp, 3 years NCB.
Just becase people rate a company online doesnt make them good, none of them on here were interested in my business when i tried at age 22 and i still go a very very good quote from bell.co.uk.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
The Lum said:
Have we not had this unemployed insurance conversation in a previous thread?
Or maybe its this thread seeing as my "what does unemployment matter" post was in september last year :lol: :lol:

The Lum

Advanced Member
Coldfuse said:
The Lum said:
Have we not had this unemployed insurance conversation in a previous thread?
Or maybe its this thread seeing as my "what does unemployment matter" post was in september last year :lol: :lol:
Touché! Haha never realised.