Christmas Presents for the Teg

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Well after getting the spoon drop in filter ive decided to continue the modding touch on the DC5.

I shall be purchasing some gifts for her this christmas and booking it in with TGM early next year.

The list is as follows

Mugen Twin Loop Exhuast
Eibach Lowering Springs
Goodridge S/S Braided Brake Hoses
Spoon Magnetic Sump Plug

Then ill be taking her to Tom at TGM to get the exhaust, springs and Hoses all fitted at the same time as having the camber adjusters fitted and fast road setup done 8)

Looking forward to treating her and me 8)

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Interested that you're going for brake hoses - I was debating that with Paul at System-R the other day (and will again today when I go up for the MOT!)

I think he convinced me to try uprated pads (and possibly discs if required) first - it's not so much the feel that I have a problem with at the moment, more the intial bite and overall stopping power when pressed hard. I'm used to the DC2 throwing me through the windscreen if more than a feather-touch was used!

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Just standard exhaust with a Jap Spec Unknown Brand back box.

Sounds cool though, hope the mugen is everything i expect from it.

This is my current exhaust http://media.putfile.com/DC5-80

lockwood77 said:
Interested that you're going for brake hoses - I was debating that with Paul at System-R the other day (and will again today when I go up for the MOT!)

I think he convinced me to try uprated pads (and possibly discs if required) first - it's not so much the feel that I have a problem with at the moment, more the intial bite and overall stopping power when pressed hard. I'm used to the DC2 throwing me through the windscreen if more than a feather-touch was used!
Yeah the initial bite isnt great although once they do bite the stopping power is great. I was under the impression that the OEM hoses could be cause of this and uprated ones would increase the initial bite.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Hmm... Paul has quoted me about £180 all in to have the hoses fitted. Could be tempted, although I think I'll try pads first (cheaper!)

Can't make up my mind on DS2500s (popular), AP Dixcel (Dixon is doing a good deal on them until Jan) or, if they're available for our cars, Mintex 1144s (had these on the DC2 and they are frankly awesome on the road - I did have Mintex discs as well though, so not sure if you need the full combo for maximum effect).

carfiend

Advanced Member
My teg had its christmas present on Saturday. Tein Super Street Coilovers... suit you sir.

Need a shiney exhaust now that will not make me deaf.... DAMN IT!

b12oon

Advanced Member
its the worst month for spending money and i splashed out on an allarm and sat nav for the car to stop it from getting lost all the time! :lol:
after xmas ive got a scratch to get sorted and i fancy a new front splitter.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
lockwood77 said:
Can't make up my mind on DS2500s (popular), AP Dixcel (Dixon is doing a good deal on them until Jan) or, if they're available for our cars, Mintex 1144s (had these on the DC2 and they are frankly awesome on the road - I did have Mintex discs as well though, so not sure if you need the full combo for maximum effect).

Do not do DS2500's.... I found them crap tbh... (others I know, have made the same comments)

If you want Mintex pads.. I know Paul G is now keeping stock of different grades, might be worth a word in his direction

Mike

dan the man

Advanced Member
bah. i have a set of 2500s waiting to go on... but then again everyone says standard pads are crap and i found them ok.

I GIVE UP :lol:

Raffe

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
bah. i have a set of 2500s waiting to go on... but then again everyone says standard pads are crap and i found them ok.

I GIVE UP :lol:
unless you have tried various pads yourself on your car with your driving style its hard to know what is better, I have DS2500's on my car at the mo and braided hoses and I am not that impressed with the brakes baring in mind the size of those Brembo calipers :? :?

Raffe

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
The brembos arent that big tho really... :|
Ok, they are a step up from the single caliper of the DC2 and IMO they aren't any better, maybe I need to try a different pad from the DS2500's :?

dan the man

Advanced Member
i feel ya buddy. DC2 were best brakes ive ever had :!:

although when VERY hot the DC5s seem better..track etc..

Raffe

Advanced Member
I havent used them in anger yet, but I was expecting them to feel at least as good as the S2k's which thoroughly impressed me :(