Civinco stand alone system

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Has anybody heard of this engine management system before? I was down in Sitech racing today and spoke to Simon (owner of the company) and he has persuade me to go for this ECU over Kpro. He explained the advantages is that i could have a few different maps ready on a few cards and it can be used for different mode of drivings. For example, circuit driving, drag 1/4 miles or normal Eco friendly road driving, etc. Does anybody have experience of this system? Cheers in advance! :)

Here's the link http://www.civinco.com/about_eng.html

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
I was quoted around £1000 including ECU, fitting and mapping (3-4 different maps on a card). I think Kpro is around the same price? :xhuh:

AP-Performance

Never heard of those EMS systems before now. Have they successfully tuned a K series on one of these already?

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
I searched all over the web! sadly it's never been done before... and Sitech racing admit they have not tuned a K series before.

AP-Performance

I searched all over the web! sadly it's never been done before... and Sitech racing admit they have not tuned a K series before.
TBH, I'd just get a Kpro. Whenever i'm testing new engine management systems it's done on my own or very close friends vehicle's not on a customer's car as you could spend weeks/months ironing out problems. I imagine those system are designed to be hardwired in which means cutting up your car's loom unless you can make a patch harness yourself to plug into loom plugs and tap the needed wires. Let it be someone else's headache and not yours I say :xgrin:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
having switchable maps is pretty pointless in an N/A road car, there is no benefit whatsoever as far as i can think. especially a k series which drives well even when tuned . the only one thing would be if it was possible to change to very high octane race gas where you could have a slightly different map to make a few more hp

i very much doubt it can cope with iVtec and variable cam angle tuning. the k series is also very complicated to tune properly, with stand alone you will get cold start problems , honda spend 000's geting idle and cold start right.

personally i would steer well clear

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Really so just plain avoid then?

How about the Link G4 ECU anyone using in one there Teg?

dotty

Advanced Member
You won't go wrong with kpro / k100.

That's why lots of us have it!

Why mess with the unknown ? :)