Cleaning products.....

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Ok i prob am putting too much on so. I just try to get the whole coverage of the car so i can see a layer of polich over it all

qwerty

Hi mate i would deffo reccomend the meguirs nxt 2.0 wax.
it is very hard wearing, apply sparingly because it is a bitch to take off.
I put on 2 layers in march and it is still beading well.

If you are going to wax your car i would wash, clay, polish then seal first.
otherwise you'll be waxing in dirt.

I do it once every six months and it keeps the car looking great.

Grov

Banned
Was gonna wash it with this:

Then just polish it with SRP, then wax it with the meguires NXT? is that not ok?

Gonna grab this for buffing off:

Do i need anything else?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Meguiars NXT:
[youtube]LNBDdP9F8GE[/youtube]

Autoglym HD:
[youtube]1-MnzbWAOs4[/youtube]

Tim J

Advanced Member
W 70M C said:
TyperItr said:
I have meguires NXT and i find it streeks and is impossible to get off, maybe i am applying/removing it wrong but i know i have to use enough force to bent the body pannel to get it off and at that it streeks. But if i go lightly it wont really come off. for that reason i dont like it. Maybe i got a bottle out of a bad batch or something, or maybe it just streeks over the residue of the previous polish??
It sounds like your apply waaaaay too much.

a £1 coin size blob of product is enough to do half a bonnet on a teg.
Glad to know I'm not the only one who finds the Megs NXT wax a 'mare - I now use Dodo juice Blue velvet and it's a damn sight better, both applying and for beading.

Grov

Banned
What can you guys reccommend for getting all the small black dots and things off the bodywork, that my shampoo doesn't seem to get off. I don't think i could wax it as it's no where near clean enough.......

Do i need to clay it?

eXceed

Resident Driver
Grov said:
What can you guys reccommend for getting all the small black dots and things off the bodywork, that my shampoo doesn't seem to get off. I don't think i could wax it as it's no where near clean enough.......

Do i need to clay it?
Clay is the best advice but to be honest it would probably be best to go around the body with some tar remover (all the sills and shuts) and then wash the car after letting that set for about 5-10mins. And then claying afterwards. Will be spotless and leave you with a nice easy surface for polishes/wax to bond to.

garytc78

Advanced Member
One of the best products you can get for tar spots is tardis you can get it for your local autosmart rep its very very good.