Cleaning your Exhaust

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Just thought I would post a quick how to, this is my own personal tried and tested method for the back box 8)
You may need to jack the car up depending how low it is, I just lay on my back or lean under the bumper. Also, this is sort of obvious, but make sure your car is cold, I don't want you burning your hands on your exhaust!

What you'll need - What I used:
1. Metal Polish - Meguiars NXT All Metal Polish
2. Bucket of luke warm water with car shampoo - Meguiars NXT Car wash
3. Sponge - Sponge :lol:
4. Drying Cloth - Meguiars Water Magnet
5. Disposable clean cotton cloths (they are gonna get filthy!) - old cotton t-shirt cut into large portions.
6. Hose for rinsing - I used a Hose.... for rinsing :roll: :lol:

How to:
Step 1 - Rinse your exhaust down with a hose to get rid of any loose stones/dirt, try not to spray water inside the exhaust itself!
Step 2 - Clean the exhaust down using your car wash soaked sponge, no hard rubbing, you may add scratches which are harder to take out at a later stage. Do the inside of the Exhaust with the sponge just dampened with suds! avoid using too much water. Regularly dip the sponge back into the bucket of suds to clean off the dirt that accumulates on the sponge.
Step 3 - Rinse again with clean water from your hose. Again, avoid getting any water inside the exhaust.
Step 4 - Gently dry the exhaust using you drying cloth, inside and out of the tip as well.
Step 5 - Take a clean portion of your cotton cloth and apply some Metal Polish to it, then proceed to rub the polish on your exhaust with pressure, but still not too hard! Make sure you rub in sections until a shine starts to appear and proceed to polish the whole of the exhaust in the same manner. Make sure you fold the cloth to a clean section when it becomes too dirty! This will reduce the risk you causing more scratches on the surface of the exhaust.
Step 6 - Take another clean portion of cloth and proceed to buff all over the exhaust with some pressure and some more metal polish if you think the exhaust still needs polishing to remove scratches/defects/bonded dirt.
Step 7 - Make sure all the metal polish has been buffed off and your exhaust will look as good as new!
Step 8 - Go for a drive, just to burn off any water that may have found its way into your exhaust.
Step 9 - Admire!

Before:

After: