Clicking noise

Jon0

Hi guys wondering if anyone can help, I‘ve had my alignment done a couple of days ago, Eibach front bolts and adjustable rear camber arms fitted along with tegiwa subframe collars and the car has developed a clicking noise from the front passenger footwell when accelerating/decelerating and moving off from tragic lights.
I‘ve jacked the car up and checked for anything obviously loose/split.
Has anyone had something similar ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ndy

Advanced Member
Take the subframe bolts out and grease them then torque to spec

Jon0

2ndy said:
Take the subframe bolts out and grease them then torque to spec
Will give this a go, thinking it‘s either sub frame or brake pads.

moody_mage

Did this work for you? I have a similar problem Jacked up the car on the jack points, axle stands under the subframe. Took off the bumper to reapply mesh. I know have a clicking sound when starting from standstill or if I go into reverse.

Jon0

moody_mage said:
Did this work for you? I have a similar problem Jacked up the car on the jack points, axle stands under the subframe. Took off the bumper to reapply mesh. I know have a clicking sound when starting from standstill or if I go into reverse.
I‘ve yet to give it a go as I‘ve been on holiday, I‘m going to try the grease on the sub frame bolts.
I‘ll put an update up on this once I‘ve tried that.
Weird you have that noise after just removing the bumper, let me know if you figure it out

moody_mage

Jon0 said:
I‘ve yet to give it a go as I‘ve been on holiday, I‘m going to try the grease on the sub frame bolts.
I‘ll put an update up on this once I‘ve tried that.
Weird you have that noise after just removing the bumper, let me know if you figure it out

So mine isn't subframe - I've had bolts retorqued, greased, had rigid collars fitted and this didn't solve the issue.

I'm pretty sure I've traced the sound back to some play in the drivers side driveshaft. I can reliably reproduce the sound without moving the car, simply by putting it into first and letting the clutch come up to the biting point. I then then put it in reverse and do the same thing - repeat until I get bored. If I produce the click when in first gear it doesn't come back if I try to do first gear again, only if I do reverse.

Jon0

moody_mage said:
So mine isn't subframe - I've had bolts retorqued, greased, had rigid collars fitted and this didn't solve the issue.

I'm pretty sure I've traced the sound back to some play in the drivers side driveshaft. I can reliably reproduce the sound without moving the car, simply by putting it into first and letting the clutch come up to the biting point. I then then put it in reverse and do the same thing - repeat until I get bored. If I produce the click when in first gear it doesn't come back if I try to do first gear again, only if I do reverse.
Your noise sounds like it‘s different to mine as I don‘t get any noise at the biting point.

I did have the car up on a ramp at the weekend and greased the sub frame and bolts and tightened everything up again and checked for play on everything else, it looks like the noise is definitely coming from the passenger side brake pads that are loose in the calliper, I‘m going to try some different pads next to see if it cures it but looks very likely it‘s the cause as they were excessively loose even compared to the right hand side.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Your noise sounds like it‘s different to mine as I don‘t get any noise at the biting point.

I did have the car up on a ramp at the weekend and greased the sub frame and bolts and tightened everything up again and checked for play on everything else, it looks like the noise is definitely coming from the passenger side brake pads that are loose in the calliper, I‘m going to try some different pads next to see if it cures it but looks very likely it‘s the cause as they were excessively loose even compared to the right hand side.

Hi mate where are you based as I have my road pads out at present that if you're local are more than welcome to come and try as a test to rule that out if needed

Carl

Jon0

carl hammond said:
Hi mate where are you based as I have my road pads out at present that if you're local are more than welcome to come and try as a test to rule that out if needed

Carl
Hi Carl

That‘s much appreciated ! I‘m near Epsom in Surrey if that‘s anywhere near ?

Thanks
Jon

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi Carl

That‘s much appreciated ! I‘m near Epsom in Surrey if that‘s anywhere near ?

Thanks
Jon

Hi Mate I am not a million miles away, West Malling in Kent so the offers there if needed and you get stuck mate :)

Jon0

carl hammond said:
Hi Mate I am not a million miles away, West Malling in Kent so the offers there if needed and you get stuck mate :)
Thanks Carl ! No not too bad, I‘ll send you a pm