Clifford Backjax Triggering!!!!

ladykb

Advanced Member
Ok so yesterday I have my Clifford AvantGuard 5.5. installed with the remote engine start & Blackjax

Before the install I had read the owners guide and was under the impression that everytime I start the engine I have to enter my pin so the car identifies I am an authorised driver.

However when asking the engineer he said no you dont have to do that, it triggers if the engine is running and the doors are opened and closed.

So I go for my first drive and get onto a roundabout when it starts chirping and the lights start flashing :-s luckily I have already memorised the pin and manage to turn it off with about 1 second to spare. This happens again the next time I drive off...

I check the user manual and it says this;

"When Blackjax is programmed ON, Blackjax will begin everytime the ignition is turned on and must be turned off by entering your pin code. It will actovate again while driving when triggered as described below;

1 - system sees the igntion is on
2 - door open and close
3 - press and release the brake pedal

So my question is does anyone else have this and do they have to enter their pin everytime?

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Yes, everytime when you start the car, you have to use the pin. Also when the doors have been open.
You get used to it ;)

ladykb

Advanced Member
Honda-atr said:
Yes, everytime when you start the car, you have to use the pin. Also when the doors have been open.
You get used to it ;)
Thanks for that :D I thought it was odd, because when I bought the alarm I was told that the blackjax is the new must have because of the amount of creeper burglars (i.e. those that steal your car keys).

I said to the engineer that if you dont have to put the pin in everytime then how does that help someone stealing my keys from the house... he said at somepoint they might open the door and it will trigger....

I was a bit confused when he said that, so actually Im happy I kknow I need to enter the pin.

Good thing is my Hubby is now scared to drive her LOL

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Ladykb,

Who fitted your alarm?? It sounds like they dont know how the blackjaxx operates?? :? Ive had clifford alarms fitted on most of the cars ive owned in the past and they were all fitted by professionals in house. Clifford alarms are only good if they are fitted properly and not done by cowboys as i have seen a few.

For eg...one of my mates had one already fitted on his when he bought a car, same alarm as yours. Because its got intellistart as a feature on top of it he tries it by starting it up by pressing the fob and he left it in gear to test it and guess what it starts??!! haha, now that's bad!! Make sure you test everything :)

ladykb

Advanced Member
TypeRKid said:
Ladykb,

Who fitted your alarm?? Clifford alarms are only good if they are fitted properly and not done by cowboys as i have seen a few.
:)
I had it fitted by a Gap engineer, he has worked as their top engineer for over 6 years, he fits the security for UK PIMP MY RIDE.

Me thinks he was playing with me cause I got him into trouble by complaining he had tried to postpone and then chasing him via the office (MD) in the day! :eek:

Suped

Advanced Member
All this blackjax is a brilliant feature "if" you don't forget to turn the engine off when you do get hijacked....!

ladykb

Advanced Member
Suped said:
All this blackjax is a brilliant feature "if" you don't forget to turn the engine off when you do get hijacked....!
you don't have to turn the engine off, if the engine is running and the doors are opened and closed it also triggers it, bit of a pain when picking up or dropping people off as that's when I tend to forget to enter the code lol believe me it works as I have nearly been caught out on several occasions lol

Suped

Advanced Member
ladykb said:
Suped said:
you don't have to turn the engine off, if the engine is running and the doors are opened and closed it also triggers it, bit of a pain when picking up or dropping people off as that's when I tend to forget to enter the code lol believe me it works as I have nearly been caught out on several occasions lol
Can imagine it would be a funny sight, but on a serious note, could be dangerous... you'd loose steering control! :shock:

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
You get a decent amount of 'warning' time after some beeps though to enter the code, then the car will cut out when the revs and speed drop below a certain amount, which I think is about 1.5 times idle speed.