clifford blackjax

dp9901

Advanced Member
after reading a recent topic of someone nearly getting car jacked i have been contemplating getting one of these.someone is selling them on e-bay and just wanted to get peoples opinions of them. :D

JT3173

Advanced Member
I have just bought one on a Concept 650, had a slight drama when I set it off but boy is it good!

There is no way the car can be driven once it kicks it! Takes a bit of geting used to but well worth it IMO.

Be warned though if you buy it cheap off ebay, like I did which was sealed and brand new Clifford do not give any product warrenty and beware of factory refurbs! I have a fitting warenty from Clifford as I used a Clifford fitter, cost me £299 to fit and he was there for nearly 7 hours, top job though!

Bought it for £189 :D

If you buy one with free fitting check they are Clifford certifed as you may have many problems, there is fitting and there is fitting if you know what I mean!

Get the Duel zone prox sensor too, great bit of kit!

dp9901

Advanced Member
its up for a buy it now £95 just for the blakjax unit.my car already has a seperate immobiliser and also a cobra alarm fitted so i would just have to fit the blackjax unit.anyone know how much to fit just the unit without an alarm?

JT3173

Advanced Member
Are you sure it can be fitted to another alarm system?

I would check with a fitter, or Clifford but I suspect that they would say no and advise you to buy a whole unit.

IMHO I would buy a complete Cliffor unit and get that Blackjax as an extra as it my not be 100% compatible, the last thing you want it to be moving at high speed or on a twisty road and the thing cuts in as there is a problem or somthing.

If you do a search for "Bargin Clifford" I talk about my bad experince when it did cut in as I must have enetered the code wrong and the blown fuse that cut al power, ABS, steering, lights, hazards etc at 60+ mph on a busy twisty A road, it aint nice!

£500 well spent if you ask me!

neil_integra

Advanced Member
It has to be fitted to a clifford alrm, It will not work on its own.
But the concept 650 is only around 300 pound with a lifetime warranty.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
neil_integra said:
It has to be fitted to a clifford alrm, It will not work on its own.
But the concept 650 is only around 300 pound with a lifetime warranty.
Utterly wrong mate, sorry. I have had Blackjaxx fitted to three cars, none of which had a Clifford alarm. Cost me about £240 on each occassion inc. fitting. I think the alarms in question were Laserline, Toad and the OEM Honda one on the DC2. All worked fine.

Whether you can fit it yourself, I don't know - I got the boxes after mine had been fitted, but no fitting instructions were in there (could have been left out of course).

salamanzer

I have got the clifford 650 and it is a great alarm - i was thinking about the blackjax option - at the moment its turned off on the advice of the shop.

After hearing this, i may get it turned back on

JT3173

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
salamanzer said:
...at the moment it's turned off on the advice of the shop.
What's their reasoning!? :?
It can be a pain if you put the wrong code in! :D

Well worth having it on IMO. Just press the buttons hard!!!!