clifford concept 650 problems

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
Hi guys, the car has been stood for 11 days as I've been away on holiday and when I went to unlock the car today with the keyfob the doors would not unlock.

I opened the doors manually with the key and managed to disarm the system but when I turn the key then press the starter button the car won't start and there is an electronic rapid beeping noise seemingly coming from the dashboard and the dash lights flicker.

Could it be that the battery has run down while I've been away and does a low battery affect the operation of the alarm, immobiliser and the central locking ?

I've taken the battery off and put it on charge but it would be nice to know if this is the solution to the problem.

Fortunately the car was at home and not in the airport car park, I'm suprised the battery would run down over that short period of time and could this mean it's on its way out.

Any help much appreciated :)

LeeH

Advanced Member
I guess the immobiliser is still on. You can manually turn it off, it will tell you in the book. You do it by a button irc which should be in your cabin somewhere. Mine is under the steering column.

Or, just call Clifford and as long it has been fitted by an authorized dealer they will help you.

I paid a premium by getting GAP to fit mine but when I did have a problem they were great.

I'm guessing your fob is faulty or flat so change the battery or try another fob. Or as you said your battery is too flat.

HTH

Lee

Lee

The Clifford 650 on my Supra used to drain the battery anytime I left it stood, from what I have also heard from others this is quite common.

LeeH

Advanced Member
Lee said:
The Clifford 650 on my Supra used to drain the battery anytime I left it stood, from what I have also heard from others this is quite common.
I've heard that too, but mine stands for 2 weeks at a time...go figure :?

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
Your car battery is flat
It certainly was, gave it a 13 hour charge, put it back on the car and everything is ok again :D

Thanks for the input guys, I was pretty certain that's what the problem was but it's always worth putting a post up on here with all the knowledge the forum members have.

In future I'll have to bear in mind that the alarm/immobiliser will drain the power if the car is stood for a while.