Clio v6 to clio trophy or DC5??

Teg_Ben

Advanced Member
Hi there everyone, im new to this site. Im selling my mk1 v6 V soon. Love the car but handling is not the best, i want something that a can throw around more, im 95% sure i will get a clio 182 Trophy.(the limited edition, red one with recaros and competion suspension etc.)

But i would like a DC5, love the vtec engines and there not renault. I here they quite awsome machines.

Has anyone owned a Trophy or other 172/182 and gone to a teg??

Should i go for the honda? Things putting me off are the sevicing/ repair costs and insurance, cos its a import.

Any feedback appreciated, thanks

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
...servicing,`bout the same as a CTR...repairs,its a Honda so pretty reliable.. easy enough to get OEM parts via David Johnson @ steels Honda Hereford.. he has some stock in hand and can get major bits fairly quickly...insurance,loads of companies in the insurance section on here if you look carefully youll find prices for insurance at about CTR level + 15/20%...the Teg is still quite rare on the roads,only around 400/430 in UK ...when looking to buy,check out the for sale section on here, there are some real bargains to be found..good luck :)

carfiend

Advanced Member
V6 Clio has a crappy turning circle and the view can be restricted. I really wanted one of those in the past but a few niggles put me off. Bought my DC5 today and after 2 years of driving a 106 rallye needed something more grown up. I would go for the DC5 imo.... not only just cause I just bought one :p

The Mofo

Advanced Member
The biggest difference between the two is that the DC5 was designed from scratch to be a powerful sports coupe, the Clio 182 was a normal clio that's been beefed up, but it's still a clio chassis.

The DC5 is focused towards the driving experience and everything in the car is designed with performance in mind. The build quality of Honda's has been top notch for such a long time now.

I had a Renault megane coupe before the teg and found that the cheap plastic interior and poor build quality soon led to several annoying rattles.

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
I have just put a deposit down on a DC5, insurance is not a problem if you look around, i went with A Plan insurance, £1430 fully comp, not bad as i am 22 and got 3 years NCB and an SP30.

I had a 106 Rallye then my GT4 ST205 and there is nothing like the DC5,

GO for a drive in one and it will make up your mind for you,

Cheers.

dan the man

Advanced Member
Had a clio CUP mark 1 before my DC2 which was before my DC5.

Honda is way more engineered an different class im afraid. Although trophys are VERY good ill admit for the drive.

My frined AZZ swapped his DC5 for CLIO V6 mark 2 so if ya want ill give u his MSN for a natter. V6 gone now as got a bike which he swapped for a VX220. he really is an itchy buger :lol:

his heart is with DC5s tho as has had 2 of them :wink:

sh33n

Advanced Member
I use to have a 172 Cup before the DC5.

Cup was a fantastic car and I loved every bit of it, very chuckable and handled well, of course that's a very different car to a V6 Mk1 or 2.

I've always wanted a DC5 though, and once I could afford it I test drove a couple and knew that it was the right car for me.

Test drive a trophy, test drive a DC5 and see what you think.

linzi94

Advanced Member
is this a trick question?

seriously tho, i cant see there is any contest.

(even my eg vti kicked 182 butt!)