Clunk from centre to Left

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Just replaced my track rod ends because of play in the old ones. But the clunk in my steering hasnt gone away. It clunks Every time i steer from centre to the left. Any ideas what is is?

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Update: it's from Every point. But clunks when steering to the Left after being turned to the right. Gonna get it aligned. Hope tightening up everything solves it. Gonna have him take a look at it from underneath whilst i turn the wheel. Maybe it's the droplinks

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Sounds more like struts to me. Mine did this when I bought it, luckily my warranty covered a replacement.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Is it stationary when making these noies, or are you driving it? Sorry if its driving it could be many things.

Bushes, droplinks, top mounts, and ive just replaced inner /outer cv joints on the driveshaft. They were clunky, and quite loud with it too.

darrenskinner1

Advanced Member
i have this exact same issue just after fitting my new coilovers, had to take drop links off to fit them but everything feels tight, clunks when turning

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Been mostly solved now. Car was aligned and i have retightned everything. Sometimes there's a slight clunk now. But have had that since i've had the cars. Someday i'll get some droplinks and topmounts.