Clunking noise when I turn

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Hey guys noticed a random noise the last few days when I stop and pull out of a junction turning left my dc5 makes a weird clunking grinding noise it's definitely not the brakes could it be driveshaft or balljoint ? Doesn't so it when driving just after I pull out turning left

DC5RS

DC5
Might be that. Had similar issue when i changed my springs to OEM and not had the alignment

shanedixon

Advanced Member
I do have a chart from when I bought it for a four wheel alignment not to long ago it's worth checking but I would be suprised if it was that cheers buddy

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
Could be the spring is not seated right in the cup :/ a bit of movement in the spring could give a clunking noise

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Mine used to clunk quite bad when I pulled off junctions too but it didn't matter what way the wheels faced. In my case it was 2 broken engine mounts. Perhaps not if it requires the steering to always be left but might be worth a quick check. Front is the most likely one but my rear one was goosed too

Phil r type

Advanced Member
Brockstar89 said:
Could be the spring is not seated right in the cup :/ a bit of movement in the spring could give a clunking noise
what he said , took mine off last year and one of the rubbers had moved. put it back and is now fine :xgrin:

Phil r type

Advanced Member
shanedixon said:
II have a look at that Tomorow
make sure the top bit the spring sits in has not moved and now rubbing on the strut housing, give strut top bearings a good grease up when there off too , that should help as well :xyes: