Clutch down only start

kahn_v

Advanced Member
Is this a feature that all dc5's come with? You can only start with clutch down? Reason I ask is that I'm selling my car and to make sure thought I'd ask on here if it was a standard feature,

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I believe this is a standard feature buddy.

Mines does it and so does my mates, if its not standard ive been telling porkies to people lol

Bonito

Advanced Member
Standard but can be disabled.

Mine is disabled and I'd like if someone can tell me how to reconnect it as I clutch down when I'm starting anyway.

ckh

Advanced Member
All of the ones i had has had it, should be a standard feature

barryon

Advanced Member
I think it is a legal requirement in Japan. (at least i remember being told that)

kahn_v

Advanced Member
Thanks all for your help, I think it's a really cool feature. Not many vehicles in the uk have that.

I'm pretty sure the ek9's and dc2 don't have this feature.

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
kahn_v said:
Thanks all for your help, I think it's a really cool feature. Not many vehicles in the uk have that.

I'm pretty sure the ek9's and dc2 don't have this feature.
Correct!

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Standard feature.

Ek9 didn't have it.

Don't know why anyone would want to disable it. IMO should always start a car with the clutch in.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Bonito said:
Standard but can be disabled.

Mine is disabled and I'd like if someone can tell me how to reconnect it as I clutch down when I'm starting anyway.
If it was done anything like mine when mine was disabled have a look for the plug at the top of the clutch pedal. If it's disconnected the wire will be there somewhere taped up at the end. The two pins on the lead get shorted out with a piece of wire so as it bypasses the clutch pedal. Just take out the shorting wire, plug the lead back in to the plug on the pedal and voila!