Clutch, flywheel. Final drive

wocka

Advanced Member
Hi guys, im having trouble with my gears now, not smooth anymore and especially 1st to 2nd :(

I tried adjusting my clutch pedal today with no luck, just made it worse to drive

So ive decided to go for a new clutch and flywheel, had a look on tegiwa's site and saw the rpc stuff they sell, the stage 1 clutch and lightweight flywheel are a good price so wondered if anyone on here had used them or any other suggestions to what to get

Then i thought if im doing that and box it out i may aswel doing 5.1 final drive but thats a big cost on top, all 3 together from tegiwa are £798

wocka

Advanced Member

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Yeah it's the same part mate. The part code is: 22105-PRA-305. I had my flywheel changed, TGM supplied a ACT Prolite flywheel when I had mine replaced, which is slightly lighter than the standard item.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wocka

Advanced Member
Think im going to go for the rpc flywheel from tegiwa because its single peice :)

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
People are running the RPC clutches in the Civic Cup and from what I can gather they are holding up just fine so I'd guess at them being decent clutches.

I'm with you on the flywheel though, The RPC one sounds good being a single piece, I know Tegiwa also sell another flywheel which is slightly lighter, but it is 2 piece and to me, that is something to go wrong...

I think my next clutch will be a US Spec Exedy Stage 1... Slight upgrade from stock but should be good for everyday.

For most peoples needs OEM shall be perfect.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
People are running the RPC clutches in the Civic Cup and from what I can gather they are holding up just fine so I'd guess at them being decent clutches.

I'm with you on the flywheel though, The RPC one sounds good being a single piece, I know Tegiwa also sell another flywheel which is slightly lighter, but it is 2 piece and to me, that is something to go wrong...

I think my next clutch will be a US Spec Exedy Stage 1... Slight upgrade from stock but should be good for everyday.

For most peoples needs OEM shall be perfect.
I'm running the Exedy stage 1 organic clutch and RPC flywheel and have to say I'm liking the setup.

Bit of a chew on at low Rev pulling from standstill (smell of clutch burn) but that might be down to other things with my setup ;)

Gordon