Clutch + Flywheel

madrab

Advanced Member
well since its coming up for x mas, i thought why not treat my dc5 to some goodies, only problem is i have no idea whats best or where to buy them, im looking for 3 things

clutch
lightened flywheel
short shifter

whats the best to go for and where to get them? any opinions + advice welcome

ReKo

Advanced Member
TGM Sports are selling B&M short shifters at a good price so that would be a nice start.

Check the Traders sale section mate.

JDC5

Charged DC5
what sort of clutch are you after? something thats slightly better then OEM or an all out performance one?

I recently got the Carbonetics Single Carbon clutch with the light weight flywheel and for my car its the best thing i got.

get in touch with DMS or Artech

JD

madrab

Advanced Member
JDC5: i do a lot of daily driving, so looking for a clutch that's close to standard as possible, not a clutch that's like an on/off switch

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
This may be of interest to you, taken from a Unit 8 post on CTRO......

Hi Guys,

Price below for clutch change on the EP3/DC5 at Unit 8. Prices are based on Exedy OE Spec Clutch Kit, Genuine Honda MTF3 and Labour. Clutch kits include Cover, Plate and Release Bearing.
Prices include VAT so no more to pay.

£388.25 inc vat drive away!

It's always preferred that the flywheel is changed at the same time especially if the clutch is badly worn as hot spots/ wear spots can cause juddering but that's up to you.

Exedy lightweight flywheel - £290.68 inc vat

All Exedy clutch kits are available from Unit 8 so if you prefer a stage 1 organic or a race spec paddle kit we can accomodate.

JDC5

Charged DC5
madrab said:
JDC5: i do a lot of daily driving, so looking for a clutch that's close to standard as possible, not a clutch that's like an on/off switch
if that's the case then I would say maybe look at the carbonetics blade clutch which in short gives you that OEM feel but last 10x more being a carbon clutch... Check out carbonetics website. I mean the reason why I didn't go to exedy clutch is because a few if my friends have other hondas and evo and says the exedy clutch wasn't worth the money and would have paid abut more to get something better.

Cheers

Jd