Clutch & Flywheel

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Im looking to be putting a clutch in my Teg soon as I'm starting to get issues with going in gear at certain revs..

So I'm after some advice on a good clutch that will be able to cope with 300hp as I'm looking to FI the teg this year also would like to hear people's opinions on a lighter flywheel and which brand most people prefer.

Cheers Lee.

dave c

400hp K20
I wouldn't bother with a lightweight flywheel especially if you are going FI @ 300hp.

There is no real need for it and it just makes the ride (slow speed) more jerky, talking from experience here

Clutch wise i'd go as agressive as you dare, paddle if you're man enough ;)

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I wouldn't bother with a lightweight flywheel especially if you are going FI @ 300hp.

There is no real need for it and it just makes the ride (slow speed) more jerky, talking from experience here

Clutch wise i'd go as agressive as you dare, paddle if you're man enough ;)
Haha im not sure I could cope with a Paddle clutch.. My friend has one on his S14 and it is horrible to drive around town.

dave c

400hp K20
Just kick the clutch and glide ;)

End of the day they arn't really town cars are they... A-road superstars & B-road heros

You'll love the paddle for gear changes tho and it feel like another 20hp in vtec, I'm convinced the stock ones slip slightly lol

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Just kick the clutch and glide ;)

End of the day they arn't really town cars are they... A-road superstars & B-road heros

You'll love the paddle for gear changes tho and it feel like another 20hp in vtec, I'm convinced the stock ones slip slightly lol
Lol sounds like drama which I like ;)
What make of clutch did you go for with your setup? And how does it feel in comparision to the stock clutch?

dave c

400hp K20
Lol sounds like drama which I like ;)
What make of clutch did you go for with your setup? And how does it feel in comparision to the stock clutch?
I couldn't say with 100% certainty as it came as part of the TDi North kit but i think its a "competition clutch" stage 4. Whatever it is, it's a stage 4 I remember that much. And to be fair it's a bit of a pig to manouver at low speeds, especially with the plate diff (again unknown brand before someone asks lol)

Dotty is probably right tbh after all he's tried most setups but I just like the kick from a "proper" clutch on gearchange and takeoff.

When I first bought my car it had one on and I got used to that from the off so anything else has always felt spongy and a bit girly haha

Magnum75

I've gone for a stage 1 ACT organic clutch good for about 280lbft of torque.

Must say operation and feel is like silk under foot. The bite/change is strong and purposeful without being "clunky"

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I've gone for a stage 1 ACT organic clutch good for about 280lbft of torque.

Must say operation and feel is like silk under foot. The bite/change is strong and purposeful without being "clunky"
Sounds good I will have to do abit of research need to start getting my bits together ready for when I go boost :)

JDC5

Charged DC5
My car is pushing about 319bhp and i just fitted a competition clutch stage 4 with a lightweight flywheel, after reading a lot of reviews from the clubrsx forum i choose this clutch.

1st impression is that it does feel a lot more grippy then my old carbonetics one, but im still breaking it in so i will report back after 500miles