Clutch/Gearbox noises

yn08_teg

Hi guys,

I have recently noticed that when my clutch pedal is released there is a noise (sort of like a buzzing or whirring) coming from the car. When the clutch pedal is pressed down then the noise is much less or disappears altogether.

My instincts tell me one of the bearings may be worn and need replacing. Is there anything else it might be?

Also if one of the bearings is worn and needs replacing, does it need to be looked at immediately?

The noise isn't horrendous at all but equally I'd rather not have my gearbox exploding and requiring a rebuild...

Kind Regards

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

I think I might have some gearbox bearing issues. In third and fourth, off throttle and going slightly down hill there's a noticeable noise comes on. Not serious grinding anything as severe as that. If I feed a bit of power in it goes away, off throttle and it comes on again.

On a cold morning first lift of the clutch pedal produces a slight groan. It's been suggested earlier that this is the thrust bearing. It never happens again until the next cold morning.

I'm hoping we get some more input on this one. At the end of the day I'm thinking, gearbox refurb for me.

Regards.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Pretty standard on most k series boxes tbh.
All of my EP3 and both dc5s have had it.

Changing clutch release bearing will help, but the noise will come back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk