clutch needs replacing, other things to do when under there?

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I can feel my clutch is at the end of it's life, so i'm ordering an oem clutch from cox.
Will be doing the job myself, and i'm making a list of things to do whilst i'm under the car.

I'll be doing an oil change and oil filter change. And i'll be replacing the steering-balljoints.

But is it adviseable to replace the flywheel? how can i see if it needs replacing?
also, for some cars it's adviseable to also replace the waterpump, should i do this?

If there are some other things i should do, please tell me.

Rom

Advanced Member
The only job there that relates is the flywheel. Nothing else is any easier to do with the box out. So not the kind of stuff you need to do for the sake of it being easier.

The flywheel can only be inspected when the box is out. Ill change mine, for a lighter one, as they arent a lot of money. But they are solid , not dual mass, so unless its cracked or badly heat soaked, they are generally fine.

The waterpump is normally advised when the cambelt is done, as its worth changing while you have it apart. Our cars dont have cambelts.

dotty

Advanced Member
Not necessary to do , but as a heads up I'll be shortly listing an ACT Lightened flywheel (barely used) and a Spoon 5.1 final drive.

This one.