Clutch problems?

armjoker

Advanced Member
Hi guys!

Last 3-4 days I feel my clutch is not like it was before. When I drive for a while its like when I press the clutch its stacking there. Not really stacking I have feeling like there is glue on it and it comes back not that fast it was before. And I hear so cracking sound.
Im thinking to get a new clutch very close to OEM one. What you suggest? What you guys think about this clutches?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Competition-clutc ... 4aa3b28b96

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXEDY-OEM-CLUTCH- ... 2a0b186018

David
:xcheers:

tron2k3

Advanced Member
I think you mean that it's sticking and there is a creaking noise? I had something similar and it was the release bearing.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
could very well be the bearing, but to get at it means removal of the gearbox which is a long job, because of this i would always recomend a new clutch as the cost is not to high, look in the for sale ads, not so long ago TGM gad some competition clutches on special which are recomended.

armjoker

Advanced Member
Have you worm up your clutch ever? Its like when I release the pedal its taking more time to come back. When the clutch is wot its like glue sticking. I dont know how to explain that :oops:
When im driving normal there is not such a think. Only when I push the car couple of times from 1st to 3-4 gears. Do you think its clutch worming or what, Im shifting quiet fast so I dont think in that secs clutch can get so hot.
One month ago the mechanic who tested my car after the service told me that he couldnt understand the pick point of clutch. on different times it picks from different positions if you know what i mean.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
I feel like I'm suggesting this a lot the now...bleed your clutch.
Also, remove the clutch slave cylinder and give it a good clean.

armjoker

Advanced Member
VT-Doo said:
I feel like I'm suggesting this a lot the now...bleed your clutch.
Also, remove the clutch slave cylinder and give it a good clean.
Well cos I cannot do it by my own, I have to take it to mechanic. I will need to change gearbox oil for this and clutch fluid?

armjoker

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
could very well be the bearing, but to get at it means removal of the gearbox which is a long job, because of this i would always recomend a new clutch as the cost is not to high, look in the for sale ads, not so long ago TGM gad some competition clutches on special which are recomended.
I checked the price in here and the special offer on stage one competition is 220-240 if not mistaking but this one is much cheaper

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Competition-clutc ... 4aa3b28b96

Ill need aprox 400 euros to change my clutch. Im bit short on cash atm so I think Ill hold for a while until it starts to annoy me :)

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Only one thing is that most aftermarket clutches like exedy, competition clutch use a bearing which is not reccomended.
These bearings are slighty different and may cause problems in time. I reccomend u get a oem clutch bearing from honda @dave steels voor 43 pounds. This to avoid problems later with bearing, which can cause lockout and cause nasty sounds.

like i said, i bought a competition stage 1 clutch to try out! i'm curious