Clutch!!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Hi, have taken my car to TGM today. Tom there said that my clutch might be on it's way out. He said it could be anything from £390 - £440 to get a new one fitted. Is that about right?! I think it's just the exedy oe he will fit. Now I trust the guy but does seem rather steep.

Anyone know of any cheaper in the southwest (Exeter) area that would be great.

If not, as it's on the ramp might aswell spend afew more pennies!

rodney

Advanced Member
Whoooooo =;

If that what Tom said it is, that's what it is bud.

I picked my dc5 up last week that had a new clutch. He reccomends and alot of folk on here would reccomend-oem Honda.

Tom would be the cheapest place to go, would I trust anyone apart Romain at Eurospec to change my clutch-no.

In short matey, take the pain and let a pro fettle with your pride & joy.

HTH

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
sounds about right to me, clutch itself around 200, fitting about the same, its not a quick job, subframe etc needs to be removed.
i would recomend the oem clutch, always did me proud, failing that the new carbonetic blade is great.

raz786

Advanced Member
Sounds about right, the labour + Gear box oil is about 220 + VAT, and the clutch is prob about the same. I paid £210 for the Exedy Stage 1 from Unit 8, top service and delivery ASAP.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Well!! That's settled then! One new clutch coming right up! So you reckon just the standard oem Honda clutch will do the trick?

dc5ian

Advanced Member
wj51fut said:
Well!! That's settled then! One new clutch coming right up! So you reckon just the standard oem Honda clutch will do the trick?
just asked tom.. he will tell u.. and a competition clutch aint much more expensive then a honda one, but i do no tom has raced with the honda ones and they have been fine

mikegsi

Staff member
Yeah I bought that one from eurocar parts, was £130 ish when I got mine, I ran it on my highly modded teg with no issue

Tom certainly wouldn't overprice and is one of the trusted vendors on here

dave c

400hp K20
echoing what everyone else has said price seems about spot on, clutch is relativly cheap its just a long onld job to get it in there, if you are thinking of doing a lightweight flywheel nows the time too ssave on that labour.

I'd go paddle clutch personally, had one on mine then swapped to std and not a fan, felt like I lost 20ponys :shock: I'm convinced that it slips a bit on vtec where as the other one I had was rock solid

Think i'll be trying the carbonetics one next

that said, standard is very practical for town unlike the paddle