Cobra alarm/immobiliser being a bit querky!!!

Ive been having a few problems getting my car started lately & i think its due to the cobra. Normally if the cars been stood with the alarm/immobiliser armed, a press the fob, jump in and it starts ok.

However sometimes, especially if ive had the bonnet or boot open when i try to start the car nothing happens even when the immobiliser light is not flashing. Ive tried pressing the button on the fob as to de-activate the immobiliser again and still it wont start.

The only way i can overcome the problem and get the car started is to set/reset the alarm once or twice while im sat in the car then try the ignition again and it starts.

I was thinking it might be just me missing something at first but if it is i still dont know what im doing wrong.

Anyone else had any similar problems?

Cheers

Stu

Havent changed the fob battery but the alarm was only fitted about a month ago so would have thought it would have plenty of life in it yet. Ill try using my spare fob and see if that makes any difference.

Just hoping that i can get it sorted before it decides one day not to start at all!!

glenn3

You could check that the bonnet is closing properly so that the sensor is touching the bonnet. If the sensor is not getting contact from the bonnet the immobiliser will not disable.

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
glenn3 said:
You could check that the bonnet is closing properly so that the sensor is touching the bonnet. If the sensor is not getting contact from the bonnet the immobiliser will not disable.
As above Stu, this is prob what it is - give me a call on 07904 155322 if your still having issues and i will make sure we get it sorted out for you....

Andy