Cobra alarm + immobiliser

Hoti

Advanced Member
Hi, im now on that long wait for my dc5 to be found n shipped into the country and i was informed that i would be getting a cobra alarm (cat 1) installed. A strange question this, however important to me. Does anyone know if the alarm has a "blip blip" noise on locking/unlocking because the amount of times i forget if iv locked my current car as i dont look at the hazards.. is astounding! :xyes:

jpstyper

Advanced Member
the cobra alarm does have a blip sound but it has to be enabled as its not set at the factory its just personal preferance
hope this helps

phozy888

Advanced Member
mine doesnt blip .. i tried to call cobra for advice and they didnt know if it could be enabled. LOL... jokers..

bee123

Advanced Member
Look up the alarm you are having fitted on here http://www.manualsonline.com/search.html?q=cobra+alarm

Hoti

Advanced Member
Does anyone have a short vid/sound clip of what it sounds like when it engages/disengages (the bleep bleeps) and also what the alarm itself sounds when activated - i cant find a vid online at all. Would appreciate it. Ta! :xcheers:

jpstyper

Advanced Member
if you can wait till weekend then i can get one sorted its not on my teg its on my other car
phozy888 i can hunt out my manual and tell you how to enable it if you are wanting it

phozy888

Advanced Member
if you can wait till weekend then i can get one sorted its not on my teg its on my other car
phozy888 i can hunt out my manual and tell you how to enable it if you are wanting it

that would be great.. Mines a cobra 7928..however reading the manual on this model mentions nothing about the arming and disarming blips.

jpstyper

Advanced Member
phozy888
from what i can remember Disconnect battery for 30 seconds and as you reconnect the battery press the arm button on fob at same time make sure at same time as reconnect the battery i think you here a chirp when you do this and that should be it if not let me know and i will have another look at my other mauals

hoti
will get clip sorted tomorrow

phozy888

Advanced Member
phozy888
from what i can remember Disconnect battery for 30 seconds and as you reconnect the battery press the arm button on fob at same time make sure at same time as reconnect the battery i think you here a chirp when you do this and that should be it if not let me know and i will have another look at my other mauals

hoti
will get clip sorted tomorrow
tried this method before... doesnt work :(

jpstyper

Advanced Member
Phozy888
Other than that only other thing i have for that type of alarm is
To activate/deactivate the acoustic signalling (buzzer) when arming/disarming the system press
the radio control A button within 5 seconds of connecting the system power supply:
The direction lights will blink once if the buzzer is not active;
The direction lights will blink once and the buzzer will beep to confirm buzzer activation