Code 20/48

Fez

Advanced Member
Hey chaps, I switched the car on earlier and the eml came on, i thought it was going to be my knock sensor, (due to breaking it during a clutch change) but before ordering a sensor I checked the codes and it came back 20 (ELD) and 48(afr sensor)

Any reason why these would come on together? Or is that coincidence?

I reset the ecu, took it for a blast and was fine, but I then went out to get a take-away and it came back on as i was leaving.

What do i need to check/order and how much is it going to cost me :( lol

Thanks in advance.
Huw.

M

mattreay

Error codes are normally P followed by 4 digits. Did you get the codes in any other format?

ELD would normally stand for electronic load detector. AFR probably refers to the O2 sensor.
I would concentrate on fixing the ELD code first incase this is causing odd O2 sensor readings. If it's still reporting AFR problems after that then a new O2 sensor maybe needed.
I'm not quite sure what would cause the ELD error though, maybe start by checking all the fuses and earth connections.

Fez

Advanced Member
Sorry, thats the eml flash codes, i do it old school lol.

But that does sound like a sensible way to do it, i'll try that, or rob it off the girlfriends ep3 lol.

Thanks

M

mattreay

If you're thinking of robbing the O2 sensor off an EP3 I don't think it will work as the DC5 uses a wideband sensor has standard where the EP3 is narrowband.

Fez

Advanced Member
Does anyone know if the ELD is same between ep3 and dc5?
Just went to honda and they list one for ep3 but not dc5, they reckon it comes complete with fusebox. I dont have my car today and wont be home tonight to check. If somebody could take a photo of their fusebox under bonnet for me, that would be awesome

Thanks
Huw.

Tenz78

Fez said:
Does anyone know if the ELD is same between ep3 and dc5?
Just went to honda and they list one for ep3 but not dc5, they reckon it comes complete with fusebox. I dont have my car today and wont be home tonight to check. If somebody could take a photo of their fusebox under bonnet for me, that would be awesome

Thanks
Huw.
The ELD units can be bought separately, cost around £55.

Part number: