Coil Pack - Car wont start

TyperItr

Advanced Member
So in 9 years of ownership for the first time yesterday (Bar issues caused by myself) my Integra failed to start. I was driving it around with no problem parked it up 2 weeks ago went to start it and no spark.

Checked the fuel rail to make sure there was fuel. I emptied it out and restarted, it was full again so ruled out fuel delivery issues.

When cranking i know the charger is spinning so there is air. Only thing missing is a spark.

I took the plugs out and they were wet with fuel from me turning the car over too much. Ordered new plugs, but don't think that is the issue.

So I am thinking it is probably coil packs. Anyone had this issue before? And do coilpacks stop the car from starting?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
As they are individual on each cylinder I don't think a single pack would stop the start. It's run rough as hell on 3 cylinders, but would still turn over I would think.

No errors thrown? I may be thinking crank sensor if plugs are ok.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Winspaa

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, was only parked up for a few hours. Went to start and there was no spark, done the same, took plugs out, were abit shit up which was surprising as they were only 3k miles old, cleaned them up, put back in still took abit of starting but it got there, sounded slightly rough at first but once it cleared that was it, been fine since. Although I did change the plugs a few days after.
Be interesting to see if the new plugs clears yours as well

TyperItr

Advanced Member
That was the thing i had reservations about, i had an idea a coil pack would not stop the car from starting. I thought it would start but run rough, so that confirmed my doubts. I will put in new plugs and cross my fingers. Other than that will check the Kpro for errors see if anything comes up. Finally i just downloaded a manual of all the K20 sensors, part numbers and position in the engine, time to start eliminating potential problems ](*,)