Coilover options for the Facelift what options

turbo5

Advanced Member
The trouble with the facelift is that quite a few mods are not exactly the same as the pre-facelift.
The gruppem is different, but I have that now.
The Kpro is different, well the ecu is different. I have this now. (think its a first)
Cat back zorst is the same which I have
fast road set up is the same which I have (just needed front chamber bolts)
next on my shopping list is either a Manifold of some description, I would prefer a maxim or mugen with a built in race cat, but also I am considering Toda or spoon.
I am also considering coilovers, but I know that the suspension on the facelift is different, for one the springs are coiled the opposite way and the rear suspension has a bracket on for the ABS sensor or is it HID leveler ? I know you can't just change the springs as these need the rear camber adjusters which then need a bracket welding on.
What is actually available ? what are the options and how much ? I have heard Tom at TGM has a decent package on eibach coilovers suitable for road and track use.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
The coilovers that fit a pre will fit a facelift DC5 as you are replacing the complete struts and none of the fecalift tweeks come into play.

I'd go for Eibach Pro Street S. A good combination of track performance and comfort.

I'd buy them in a flash only my local roads are absolutely terrible so I'm sticking with the standard dampers with Eibach Pro kit springs and camber adjusters all round.

JCW

Advanced Member
While we are on the subject of mods which will fit the facelift dc5, i was wondering what front strut bars will fit ? would the mugen front strut for the pre facelift fit as a direct replacement for the oem one ?
ETD's are another thing, ones for the pre facelift wont fit as the mounting points for the strut is different.