coin try thingy

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Last week I managed to kneecap my self whilst getting out of the car on the little coin tray.
The tray came out so I just popped it into the glove box for further inspection. Come to refit and I can get it to clip back into place. I have the spring and nothing seems broken but there seems to be two tiny axels for want of a better word missing. Any ideas?

Zani

Advanced Member
Mine came out many years ago after doing the same thing... think i was told the dashboard needs to come out to fit it! ...lol. I've had an empty void in my dash ever since!

Rob R

Advanced Member
You mean the one that fits where the mirror switch is? The panel just prises out

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
It's the one that opens and closes rather than a coin only kind if tray. By your right knee, probably didn't explain that very well.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Zani said:
Mine came out many years ago after doing the same thing... think i was told the dashboard needs to come out to fit it! ...lol. I've had an empty void in my dash ever since!
I hope its not a dash out! surely not.
Although I cant see how else it would fit back in. Also cant find any other bits lying about that I could be missing.
Will take a photo.

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
I think it pop back in with a little pressure. My civic one can be pulled out and it goes back in if you push hard enough

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
There is a pin that holds the spring and storage compartment in, I'm sure if you go in from underneath you can get your hands up behind the dash but by god is it fiddly.

S

stwteg

You have to access it from underneath- you have to bend yourself a little to reach it. My car came without one and I replaced it without taking the dash apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Thanks chaps. Think I am missing this "pin"..., have the spring.
Worrying thing is I hoovered it Friday :(

If anyone knows the dimensions of this pin please let me know. If not will see if i can get one ordered.