Colour matching advice.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
So last week I ordered a genuine Mugen lip which should be arriving in a few weeks.

My car is an '01 plate so I'm aware the paint will have suffered from some discolouration and UV fade during it's time and I was wondering how precise colour matching is, and does it cost more than just painting the car in the correct Honda colour for the car as I assume the paint is made to match?

I'll be having the lip fitted at TGM along with a bonnet respray so I know the job will be done to a high standard.

I'm also wanting to fill in the three holes I have on my front bumper from previous number plates which I'll do myself and hopefully get away with going over the body filler with touch up pen.

Thanks for any input.

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
did mugen ever do lips for a 2001 DC5? i thought the lips are only available for facelift models...

Lewis93

Advanced Member
ep3itrdc5 said:
did mugen ever do lips for a 2001 DC5? i thought the lips are only available for facelift models...
That's correct. Genuine Mugen lips are only made for the facelift model but they can be modified to fit the pre-face lift models.

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
thats why i asked because he says 'genuine mugen' in the post... respirit do rip off copies

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
will @ tgm hates fitting stuff that doesnt fit lol
as for the colour match, there is only one cw paint code so it wont be great

Lewis93

Advanced Member
I don't think the genuine lip will need too much adjusting.

Most high end aftermarket body parts do need some alternation to fit even the likes of J's Racing etc.

Mark_teg

Staff member
You're taking it to TGM for painting, you have no need to worry about paint matching! It'll be near perfect with them :)

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
You're taking it to TGM for painting, you have no need to worry about paint matching! It'll be near perfect with them :)
Just what I was hoping to hear, thanks Mark. xthumbup