Coming back to Honda...and a DC5

Big Slick

Hey all,

I joined here several years ago doing research to buy a DC5 but was never able to fully afford one. However im currently selling my 370Z and after thinking about several cars to move onto (Subaru, Mitsubishi) ive decided to come back to Honda.

I never ended up buying an Integra but bought a 2007 FN2 (non GT) and then upgraded to a 2009 Champ. White FN2. I sold the Civic and bought a 370Z and its very nice and I love it but I cant run that and another car. So ive come to the conclusion id much prefer to buy a DC5, which is exactly what ive always wanted - except now im old and insurance is easy ha ha.
Currently only pay £570 on my 370Z with a quote of £380 for when I move house soon, so I know the DC5 is well within my budget.

My budget is anywhere from 9k-13k as ill be using the remainder of the money for my house move.

So where are the good places to buy these days? BTW the buyers guide thread gives me an SQL error... I did click in there first ;-)
Ive noticed Litchfields seem to only import Nissans and Subarus. Andy @ 200bhp seems quiet on the forum. I also remember places in Scotland like Dicksons I think... Dunno if they are about?

Also what im looking for is a facelift model in either white, blue or black. Im looking for a low mileage example and preferably unmodified too.
Anyway any advice welcome.

Im already looking around on the usual places but I thought Id pop back on here and say hi :p

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Well personally I would give Mike a ring at Torque GT. They can hand pick a car for you to your spec. By the way that's a lot of money for a DC5 nowadays. You will get an almost new one for that! Facelift cars on here are generally quite quiet regards for sale. Don't think there are any atm iirc?!

Adam

Big Slick

Will do, ill check it out.

Ones ive seen are higher mileage than id like. I know it will be harder to find one but im sure they will be out there.
Thanks for the replies. I dont really know what they go for nowadays. Seems Torque is better priced than JM-Imports?

Only thing for me is ware and tear on the interior with a higher mileage.
I think im just fussy but I know I have the budget to find the perfect DC5 for me.

It was my dream car back when I was 25 ha ha... Im such a softie!

buckley 88

Advanced Member
Bought my Dc5 off Mike @ Torque GT.....He had plenty of time for me and his service was first class, wouldn't meet a nicer fella and very good prices and after sales is brilliant! Big thumbs up for him

Big Slick

Aye he seems to get a lot of praise on ek9.org and on here...
Ill keep him in mind, would have already contacted him about the white facelift he has but its just not exactly what im looking for.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
My car 2003 year from Torque GT had 70000ish miles when it came from Japan and the interior was immaculate.

There is also SVA imports in Dover but non of their adds state the mileage and i've never heard anything good said about them, they never replied when i was in the market for a DC5.

Good luck in your search and give us a link to any found.........We're here to help ;)

Big Slick

I havent heard antthing good about SVA either.

The one I found on PH that caught my eye... http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/integra/honda-integra-type-r-2-0-vtec-2004/934237

I have thought about n FD2 but I really have always loved the shape and stype of the DC5 just that little bit more.

I dont mind doing the research to find what I want tbh. Plus I remember from when I originally joined on here, found it very useful.
I always thought it a shame that I was sensible and bought a UK car which was much easier on the pocket back then.

But im determined to seek a good DC5 now! :D

Jaws

I've sent you a PM, I've a FL for sale, if not to your liking then I'm free to give advice!

Big Slick

Jaws said:
I've sent you a PM, I've a FL for sale, if not to your liking then I'm free to give advice!
Yeah thanks I had seen it but not given it a thorough read. I will though and ive replied to your PM ;-)
Only thing putting me off yours is the higher miles, not really fussed about the couple of mods you have tbh...

You are also quite far away ha ha ha ha...

c7frw84

Advanced Member
Hi and welcome back ;) you should be able to pick up an immaculate facelift dc5 with the budget you've got! Good luck with the search :)

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
You might also want to consider Newera Imports, that brought my DC5 into the country although not for me.

Big Slick

The blue car I saw at MVM (I linked it above) is back up for sale as apparently the buyers finance didnt go through.

Ive had a quick search about MVM and found this http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14069-mvm-importsnot-a-good-start/
Anyone have any recent experience of feedback or anything else...

Ive done a quick google search and found good and bad but also more bad but from ages ago, and also under a different name and owner.

Pics ive seen of this blue DC5 look outstanding, especially the engine bay and interior... plus only 35k on clock.

However im a bit hesitant due to reading a few bad things on the web.
Think I might post on a Scottish car/honda forum see if any locals have experience of the dealer.
Its only 130miles from me so its not too bad for a trip to see the car.

And at £10k thats a good price I think...?

:)

richie79

Advanced Member
please dont go to sva,i brought a celica gt4 from there and had nothing but hassle with it,and they didnt wanna fix it either under warraty.

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Another +1 for Torque GT. I bought mine from there about 5 years ago. Never had a problem with it and any time I have contacted Torque for information/advise they have always been helpful. They even remembered me when I went down a year ago to test drive an EP3.

They do a fresh import service so if you are willing to wait a while they will get you the exact car you are after.

Matt.

Big Slick

That al sounds good. I havent called them yet but I will do.

Just had an awesome report done on the one MVM have for sale by Gordon from Scotland.

Soon as I have sold my car ill be on phone to Torque. Only bad thing about them... so far away :( 6hr drive
However im prepared to go the distance if needed for the service I want.

Kinda been warned off local based importers which is a shame...