Connected the battery terminal the wrong way with a jumper pack - now the car won't start.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Hi everyone,

My friend has an EP3, that ran perfect, up until about about a week ago. As it were his track car, it spent most of the time sat on the drive, causing the battery to die.
He connected the jumper pack to it, but connected them up backwards - positive to negative and vice Versa - which in turn blew the battery fuse in the main under bonnet fuse box,
He has replaced this, and also the battery, however when he goes to turn the car over, it turns over twice and blows the battery fuse instantly.
I'm going over tomorrow to check it out, obviously something is shorting somewhere to blow the fuse instantly, but where's best to start?
Obviously checking out all the positives / earths to the starter / chassis etc, but is there anything else I need to check out?

Ross

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Thats going to have caused damage to almost every electrical item surely. :(

Sending Current down the negative (and anything connected to it) will not donit much good. I expect its fried multiple things which is now causing the fuse to blow every time you try and start it again.

I honestly wouldn't know where to start. Sorry for the "not much help" response bud. Id be surprised if it's a simple fix

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Fuses are the first things to check. Obviously the main battery fuse but then also one by one check all the fuses under the steering wheel/footwell area. Once everything is checked them try again. Hopefully you got lucky. Good luck!

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Went over to my friends earlier, and managed to sort out his issue! He got off lightly, with only a fried engine bay fuse box, and fried starter motor...
Needless to say the panics over and he's back happy!

Ross

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
For sure mate, it's only earlier he told me the booster pack were set to 24v too, so he's got away very very lightly!
Instantly kicked himself for it, but luckily it wasn't a too dear fix,