Considering a DC5... but it's Type S!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I think its a great buy for a daily. Id much rather have this than an EP3 if I was driving in traffic. Looks good for 4k
I agree, I would even consider one as a daily and the R for track as it's a good reliable car, easy to drive and spacious, very very cheap imo

nails

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I agree, I would even consider one as a daily and the R for track as it's a good reliable car, easy to drive and spacious, very very cheap imo
Looking at the advert it does actually look a good deal. I would still go EP3 for £4k though if you want something newer and to use daily. To each their own though. There are loads of room in the Civics if that is a concern.

Cobblepop

Hi gents, thanks for all your comments and advice, I felt like I needed some affirmations before seriously considering this DC5 as an option.

So, I haven't bought the car as I talked myself out of doing so after reading some of the pitfalls of owning a Japanese import, however I've now got over some of that initial fear (and after being completely uninspired by the alternative choices of vehicle) and I'm seriously considering buying this again.

My question to you guys now is whether the car in question is indeed a Type S at all and subsequently whether it matters? The reason I say this is because following my limited research it looks like the K20A3 160bhp engine was never used in the Type S, just the base model. Also, I don't see any kind of Type S branding/badges which you would expect to see, if of course it hasn't just been de-badged.

What do you guys think? Does it even matter anyway, it's still a great looking exclusive car...

Crazylegs

Advanced Member

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
I was just about the suggest the same thing Crazylegs. That Teg is as cheap as your going to get one.

A Teg for not much more than EP3 money

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
DC5Curn said:
I was just about the suggest the same thing Crazylegs. That Teg is as cheap as your going to get one.

A Teg for not much more than EP3 money
Exactly. Up to the OP what route he or she decides to go down but they'd be mad not to go for it. Absolute bargain imo and I'm shocked it's still available. All it needs is a machine polish and it'll be perfect.

Cobblepop

Thanks for pointing this out gents and although it does look a absolute bargain, I'm already at the limit of my budget at 4k. Judging by the amount of times he's already reduced the price, it would be unfair to go in even lower. Besides, I have to keep one eye on the mpg, which in a full fat Type R will no doubt be lower than in a semi skimmed Type S.

Does anyone have any thoughts on my original question about whether the car pointed out is/isn't a Type S?

ste01

Advanced Member
It will be a type S. You might be getting confused with the American RSX type S. Japanese type S used the K20A3

Cobblepop

The Accord wouldn't carry the dog unfortunately... and then there's the look of the Integra, it's far prettier in my opinion!