considering accord euro r for family car

omadc5

Advanced Member
Hi, due to my recent new born son im gonna have to sell my pride n joy dc5 for something more practical and smoother ride quality..
But being a honda k20 lover ive been thinkin an accord euro r could be a good alternative, do any of you know much about them??
Are they good family cars? quieter/smoother on road etc??

omadc5

Advanced Member
thanks guys, gettin real itch for one now lol. Yea noticed there hard to get, theres a few for sale in rep of ireland priced around 8500 on a site called donedeal, think its complicated registering a car in the uk when u buy from there though.. Anyone know more about this?

JohnnyB

thanks guys, gettin real itch for one now lol. Yea noticed there hard to get, theres a few for sale in rep of ireland priced around 8500 on a site called donedeal, think its complicated registering a car in the uk when u buy from there though.. Anyone know more about this?
Its simple to register a car from ROI to UK, you pay £55 to re-register, if its less than 10 years old its subject to a SVA check and obviously VAT etc. has to be paid but that's it.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Its simple to register a car from ROI to UK, you pay £55 to re-register, if its less than 10 years old its subject to a SVA check and obviously VAT etc. has to be paid but that's it.
That is a steal at that price!

viggen

Advanced Member
what about an accord type s.they are 1/2 the price of euro r.and the k24 can be remaped so vtec is from 4000-7500.would be around 210bhp.plus they have got more torque.the type s is mega tunable.can fit dc5 grearbox with lsd.tom at tgm told me with a few mods they can be made to handle just as good as the dc5,and the k24 can be made into a k24 frank with nearly 300bhp.i tryd to get insurance on the euro r.no one has the car on there systems,only sky would insure me and it was goin to be the same price as my dc5,i would love accord euro r though.your a lucky chap

omadc5

Advanced Member
Im considering the type s, it would be easier/cheaper to insure and more practical. Does anyone know what mpg the k24 accord would do?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
look at the accord type s with the k24, it will give you an idea of fuel economy

viggen

Advanced Member
my brother has a type s that he lets me use.i think he gets around 30mpg,all his driving is on b roads.when you test drive one or buy one you will be realy dispointed with the lack of vtec.6000-7200.and when you change up,you will be at around 4500rpm because of the long gear ratios.60mph in 6th is 2200 rpm ish.but a simple remap done by xopower will gain you 20bhp and vtec 4000-7500 which makes it a lot better/fun to drive.a lot like the k20.my dc5 is up for sale aswell,im trying to buy a type s (cl9) as a family car to tune.