considering this car

Type K

Advanced Member
Just noticed this on autotrader and its caught my attention

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201403232752317/sort/default/usedcars/quicksearch/true/postcode/s47jw/radius/1500/model/integra/page/1/make/honda/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew?logcode=p

Im aware its a type s and not a type r but im currently in the process of rebuilding a dc5 and having seen this its making me wonder if it'd be better for me to just transfer all my type r parts onto this and make it a type r.

the reasons why i want to do this are:
its a Facelift
the bodywork looks clean (interior does not concern me as will be replaced)
grey colour (saves me having to respray my shell grey and its original)
fresh import

Reasons i think i should carry on with my current car:
its a Type S so even with all the parts on a type r will it hold the same value??
can all suspension/parts be changed over with ease as mine is a prefacelift
wont be able to make much back from the parts taken off this so is it sensible to pay that much for a shell in essence

what do you guys think?

ste01

Advanced Member
Don't buy it and ruin it by turning it into a type R! That's an awesome car already, too many type S DC5s get ruined with body kits and things :( For the money you'd get selling your pre facelift + this £6500 too you could get a facelift type R anyway.

Suspension from your pre facelift won't fit anyway, and it definitely wouldn't hold its value. You just have to look at the countless other conversions people do with cars; Silvia Spec S to Spec R, making a civic sport look like a type R, all lose loads of money.

Let someone that wants a type S get it :)

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
Could make for an insurance night mare, engine conversions are a big no no for most companies.