Constant resistance while driving

ekg

Advanced Member
Hi, I've recenty noticed a kind of resistance in power delivery. The best way I can describe it is like driving with the handbrake on a bit or having a very dirty or blocked air filter. There are no fault lights, oil is fine, vtec engages normally.

I have checked that the calipers aren sticking, and its unlikely anything big has got into my Tegiwa M intake.

Is there anything else I can check?

Any help is welomed.

Thanks

Mark_teg

Staff member
As above, spark plugs??

Or, do you still have the OEM intake hose fitted? It may have split!. Underneath / out of view normally.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Could be a number of things.

When was it last serviced?
Is the exhaust blocked?
Is there a restriction in your intake? Split hose?

These are all thing that can be checked fairly easy.

ekg

Advanced Member
Ok, I serviced it recently. The first thing I checked was the oem hose because I have seen them split before on the forum but no signs of any split.

I've just been looking through my service history and can't see the last time the plugs were done so I will get some today! Thanks for the help I will keep you posted.

ekg

Advanced Member
Replaced spark plugs last night and it seems to have done the trick. There was a small amount of oil in one of the plug tubes. Is this likely to ruin the spark plug again?

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Replaced spark plugs last night and it seems to have done the trick. There was a small amount of oil in one of the plug tubes. Is this likely to ruin the spark plug again?
Depends how much oil was in there but I would get a new set of seals from Honda as a leak into the plug tube could cause issues.

ekg

Advanced Member
The problem seems to have come back, at low revs theres no torque and it juts bogs down, its not as noticeable in high revs. Ive checked all the things mentioned above and all are fine. Could it be the Lambda? theres no light on though.

mario_v

Advanced Member
just for arguments sake, run it to a diagnostics, it might be having a look towards coil-packs starting to fail or possibly worn / split / deteriorating wiring, probably not the case but maybe worth a look. only reason i suggest this is that i had a similar problem on a golf gti, changed the plugs as you did, but it only lasted a week and then turned out t be the coil packs

ekg

Advanced Member
It has been plugged in and there are no sensor faults and all seems fine. The rev counter seems to judder sometimes when accelerating raather than being a smooth movement. Would the coil pack not show on the diagnostic? also mentioned was a possible earth wire problem.

mario_v

Advanced Member
have checked the cables from the fuel rail to the rocker cover and also the TPS? and with the golf, fr some reason it didnt show up on the diagnostics lol that what did our heads in!