Contemplating importing DC5's

bazza

Advanced Member
Knowing how much a DC5 costs at auction the only way of saving money is in the agent fee and shipping.

Price for the DC5 will remain the same unless you can buy from a dealer or pay a dealer in Japan to buy up 100 DC5's. Can't see them doing that without A) meeting you or B) having a hefty deposit.

Looking at it from an investment point of view and knowing how much profit there would be in a DC5 selling for £10,000 the investor would be lucky to get back £50,000. A ROI of there cool million being just 5%. No investor in their right mind would invest (well I wouldn't!)

I suggest you go on Dragons Den and see what they think :wink:

dazza

Advanced Member
You have to think though a lot of potential owners come on to this site and are going to see this thread.
From what you've written and your (I maybe wrong) attitude will sway people away.
Especially when we have dealers like Andy (200bhp cars) who have built up a good reputation withh all of us.

Jellyfish

We are not trying to tread on anyones toes here, we just saw an untapped market that could be exploited a bit more, so came on here for opinions etc and a bit of guidance from this forums members.

dan the man

Advanced Member
who is gona want to buy a DC5 fresh import when the road TAX is £400 when u can buy an already registered UK one for £200 tax a year

i know where id be looking. :|

And 100 DC5s .. thats a lot of inspecting and cleaning :lol:

EDIT- depends which report u use.. :oops:

Suped

Advanced Member
You boys should try going back into the drawing boards and rethink your strategy. Clearly you think the DC5 is a untapped market? How much do you really know about the JDM market and the type of person who'd be buying a DC5 and maybe the car itself.

And for coming on here and stepping on all the owner's toes by stating we're in it to only make money, thats just plain silly. I'd wouldn't buy a car off you because you wouldn't care less about the car once the money is handed over. You guys just dug yourselves a gravepit.

Doors are in front of you... bye bye!!!

Yambo

Advanced Member
Suped said:
Well said Suped.

Honestly though if the market was that untapped why would there be
more than a handful of DC5's for sale at one time? Surely every Teg that
hit the market would be snapped up.

Oh and welcome to the forum :wink:

P.S. I think my avatar says it all!

Jellyfish

Suped said:
I'd wouldn't buy a car off you because you wouldn't care less about the car once the money is handed over. You guys just dug yourselves a gravepit.

Assumption is a bad thing and no gravel pit dug here at all.

The UK population is roughly 60,776,238 at present so shifting the numbers we have in mind will be easy. Theres a lot of people out there that don't even know of this car and that needs to and will change.

Yambo

Advanced Member
If you can get hold of £900,000 I'd invest it in property in Australia and Stainless Steel (This has gone up 10 fold in the last few years)!!

You'll make more money, have less repercussions, have less work to do
and not p*ss the majority of people on the forum off.

I'd have said it was a good idea 3 or 4 years ago to be honest but not so
sure about now.

I think you should give us all a few months notice before this plan goes into action thus we can sell up before we all lose mahoney!!

keevster

Advanced Member
Firstly :lol: :lol: i cant believe anyone is falling for this :lol: :lol: . :xlol:

Plain stupid, a wind up, jeremy beadle is gona be jumping out with the camera any minute. :lol: :lol:

As said previous, two hair brain 18 year olds that have dreamt up a rather silly get rich quick plan. :shock:

If it was that easy to manufacture a scheme like this, why have the reputable import companies not thought of this already, cos they have the name, they have the word of mouth, and decent aftersales, so why have they not borrowed and brought a 100 DC5s in. Why cause its crazy business sense, thats why.

Wind up written all over it. Think all the folks who are worried about there DC5 depreciating rapidly can rest assured it aint gona happen in this way, it will depreciate naturally the same as any car.

And as mentioned, there are DC5s out there for 10k, so you would not really be doing anyone a favour.

Even if it was legite, it would be one hell of a risk, and anyone with half a brain, would never throw money at this :wink:

I used too think up stupid schemes like this when i was 16/17. Me and my mates sat there, thinking up rich quick schemes, but when you become a bit older you realise how much of a Fnanny you where :lol: :lol:

Good luck,hope it works for you.

:lol:

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
Yambo said:
So you're going to make £1k on each car?

So you put in £900k in a loan, to make £100k between 2 of you.

Then there are interest rates and payments to be made.
assuming you got the loan from a bank (i dont know where you plan to get the money from but for arguments sake) and assuming you got the typical interest rate of 6% and you thought you could pay it back within a year you can add 54K to the 900K you borrowed, leaving you with 46K, minus marketing, warehouse hire and any other overheads you might incur.

So forgeting those last overheads thats 23K between two, considering the amount of work, thats not a great deal, IMHO.

100 just seems a ludicrously high risk investment considering, in your own words, "Theres a lot of people out there that don't even know of this car".

:?

keevster

Advanced Member
The first wrong move you made in your new business venture was on here. Work the rest out :lol:

And a comment from someone who's in the business says it all :wink:

Paul

Yambo

Advanced Member
200BHPCARS said:
Cant even begin to comment on this thread - Its far beyond rediculous!! :xbye:
Love it, I think wind ups need to be more thought out in the future :xClubbed:

andyd

Advanced Member
Jake654 said:
This is one of the Civic's which we have prevoiusly imported, check the quality love it.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :evil:

Thats the R-Tec car...... thats really all that can be side about that heap :lol:

Andy

DC5Joe

Jake654 said:
This is one of the Civic's which we have prevoiusly imported, check the quality love it.
If the DC5's you are imported looks anything like the Civic, I think you will struggle to shift 1 nevermind 100 - sorry! :?

keevster

Advanced Member
A bet this is someone from another forum on the wind up, its got it written all over it :lol:

Paul :wink:

keevster

Advanced Member
Jake654 said:
Our target market will be the young max power crowd.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now we know its a bloody wind up :lol:

If your targeting that crew, why not ship some Nova's in from the EU, cheaper and safer bet :lol:

Paul :wink: