continental lights

marc

Hi am a new integra owner but have to take it back to Germany so i need some continental lights does any one have any ideas where i can purchase some?

JT3173

Advanced Member
PM'd

You cannot get LHD lights for the DC5.

You are lucky it can be done but it would have been an idea to find out how before you bought the car ;)

Hope the PM helps

donkeykong

Advanced Member
You can buy them in the USA for a rsx i also know they sell it in the netherlands only they are not cheap here :(

JT3173

Advanced Member
donkeykong said:
You can buy them in the USA for a rsx i also know they sell it in the netherlands only they are not cheap here :(
Sorry mate but you are wrong and misleading the chap.

Do not buy Acura RSX ones and istall them and think you can pass the test :!:
They point straight ahead and not to the right as Left Hand Drive ones do, trust me, I bought them for my DC2 and failed the test and then bought genuine OEM DC2 ones for 1000 euros.

I then tried it for my DC5 with RSX halo projectors, guess what, failed again as they point straight ahead too and the only way is to modify them.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
i dont understand what u mean. Rsx is left hand drive, he´s taking the car to germany so whats the problem?
i bought depo lights i didnt have a problem in holland and i think germany wouldnt either.

JT3173

Advanced Member
I have just had my lights taken apart and the projectors put into some new RSX lights I bought.

It it easy to see why they do not pass the strict regulations over here, the projectors are very poor and although they do have the beam shaper the projectors do not send the beam in the way they should hence saying that.

The tests we have to pass are very tough, trust me!!!

Kinli

Advanced Member
In Finland we need to have the "E"-mark everywhere. So it doesn't matter if the lights are pointing exactly as they should.. they still need to have a "E" marked on every lens to pass the MOT. So I will probably have to mount some headlights (and rear lights) from a Mondeo for the MOT. How stupid is that?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
it is possible to modify the oem light units to point to the correct angles, thus keeping all original markings on the lenses.
they have to show a mark for the sva, from memory it needs to be an official recognised mark, TUV, BS, E etc from any country.

Kinli

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
it is possible to modify the oem light units to point to the correct angles, thus keeping all original markings on the lenses.
they have to show a mark for the sva, from memory it needs to be an official recognised mark, TUV, BS, E etc from any country.
I don't think modding the lights will be enough.. but it might be worth a try. Do you have any more information how this is done? any link to a DIY-guide perhaps?

JT3173

Advanced Member
Kinli said:
C&S Evo7 said:
I don't think modding the lights will be enough.. but it might be worth a try. Do you have any more information how this is done? any link to a DIY-guide perhaps?
PM me if your interested, I can get your OEM lights converted.

Kinli

Advanced Member
Old topic, but just to share my light modification..

Hella E-certified projector installed in the OEM housing with the hella height adjustment motor.