Continental Tyres

hondafreek

Advanced Member
I was looking at these for my new wheels as a friend of mine works in a garage and can get me a good discount on this brand. The Sportcantact 2 looks good? Anyone had experience with them? going for 215 40 18 as the wheels are 18x7.5

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Excellent tyre. The SportContact II is particularly good. Very supple compound. They perform in any condition. The only downside is that they may wear at a highish rate but that depends on your driving style.

Aparently this tread pattern is F1 inspired but maybe that's just pub talk. Anyway - great tyre. Go for it I say.

Neil_H

Advanced Member
I've just ordered some Continentals for mine, I asked for Yoko AVSs but they were on back order for 3-6 weeks (sounds like they are being phased out). Apparently the Contact Sport II have been replaced by the Contact Sport IIIs, this is what I'll be getting. Full set for £425 fitted.

dan the man

Advanced Member
conti sport 111s are on the new CIVIC. wonder why honda using non jap tires for R models now :idea:

and i had a cup with conti 11s which went off on track..but i didnt chjeck my pressures :oops:

Neil_H

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
conti sport 111s are on the new CIVIC. wonder why honda using non jap tires for R models now :idea:
That's reassuring to know - interesting that they've strayed from Bridgestones!

AdrianK

Advanced Member
The FN2 CTR with 18's on at my local dealer was on bridgestone RE050A's from new and all the pictures i have seeen of the wheels are on the bridgestones too, its vauxhall that use sport contacts on the VXR's :p

spo_gen

Advanced Member
The Continentals are on the optional 19'' RAGE alloys.

BS are found on the standard 18''

Neil_H

Advanced Member
Well my car went back on the road today so I finally got to try the news tyres out. They have transformed the car, I love 'em. Much nicer ride and tonnes of grip. Turn in is slightly less sharp than with the Bridgestones but that's was expected. It still holds the line brilliantly.

Very pleased.

dan the man

Advanced Member
well i sat in another FN2 last Sat and it had re050s on..

but the other one was on 18s with contis so dunno..maybe an odball.