Convert back speedo from Miles to Kilometers

Sarios2

Hi guys,

I have a DC5 in Germany which I imported from the UK. It is a facelift DC5-R.

The speedo has been converted from Kms to Mls while the car was in the UK. Now, I wand to convert it back to Kilometers.

Does anyone know how to do that????

I found the converter on the back of the clusters and cut the wires, but know everything works beside the speed gauge :(

Do I have to connect some of the wires back together?

Please help me.

Cheers

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Yeah where you cut out the converter you have to join the wires back together. they should be colour coded so its a very easy job. Remove the chip, rejoin the original wires. My speed converter was in the engine bay on top of the gear box sensor, I just cut it out ad rejoined and never had a problem.

Sarios2

ok, I will check that.

Just to understand you right. There should be another speed converter hidden in my car and I have to connect it back witht the speedo wires?

Sarios2

I don't understand how this should work. All wires have different colors. How do I connect them?

Here are some pics:

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I don't understand how this should work. All wires have different colors. How do I connect them?

Here are some pics:

Here you have Black, Red, Orange and Yellow coming from the cluster.

On the wiring loom in the dash, there will be a Black, Red, Orange and Yellow wire. These wires will be cut and leading nowhere at the moment. You need to join the wires sticking out of the cluster to the wires coming from the loom in the dash. That will sort it.

visitor

I also imported mine from UK and removed the black box behind the cluster. For some reason one of the wires was cut from ECU and I had to fix that also. I was wondering does anyone know how to change the mileage? Now it's got miles and kilometers mixed up together. The conversion was originally made by STS Ltd.