Converting to MPH

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
I know it was posted before, however can someone please list all the necessary hardware i need to do the conversion to MPH, the price of the items and where to get them, and how hard it is to be done. Any instructions with photos are appreciated. Thanks .

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
Hi i have some converters/derestrictors here and the little mph sticker for the dash. Easy to install only 4 wires, £40 cash inc postage and packing.
Thanks Duncan

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Yep you need to buy one of those conversion cables (do a Google) and then cover up the K on the KM/H on your speedo.

----OR----

Do what I did - buy an American Acura RSX Type S gauge cluster. Drops right in and looks as the maker intended. You get a more accurate speed readout (some of those cables have a skew in their multiplication factor). The only downside is that the redline marker is 8000rpm, but I think that's a good thing for other people driving your car - they're less likely to use the higher RPM - but so long as you know what the safe limit is (8400rpm) then feel free to take it to that.

Ideally you'd want a JDM tachometer and a USDM speedometer (i.e. hybridise the two) however the way Honda have designed the gauge cluster makes this task so difficult it's not worth bothering about.

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
The digital ones i use on DC5's have to be speed checked at the SVA test and are always spot on.
Dunx

Ken A

Advanced Member
I was gonna ask this question too. The car I'm buying has the clock reading up to 180kph...wtf ?? Thats only like 112 mph !! ](*,)

If you change the whole cluster does the ECU hold onto the recorded mileage and or will the mileage be as the "new" cluster you put in ?

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Yep - Japanese cars aren't allowed to do more than 112mph...

If you change the cluster, the mileage is stored on the cluster so you'll need your garage to input it into the new one.