Coolant leak while idling

Marky.

Hello

I seem to be having an intermittent coolant leak which occurs when the car has been idling for a while. I think it occurs when it's been sitting idle for 15 mins+, the temperature gauge does not rise and I can't seem to see where the source of the leak is.

There is some dried coolant residue by the rad cap but looks as if it is just sprayed, not quite a lot of loss. The puddle forms from the drivers side of the engine bay. I thought it might be the expansion tank but once it's filled back up again it doesn't lose anymore.

Anyone come across this before or have an idea what the issue might be? I've been filling to the max line, is this perhaps too high?

Cheers

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I had the same recently but it seems to have healed up! Not before me taking the bumper off for the second time. Rekon its time to replace all the hoses soon as they are getting on.

Marky.

Yeah, mine hasn't happened since actually. But it has happened at least twice that I know of over the last couple of months. Will just have to keep an eye on it. Probably connections failing or hoses perishing as you say.