Coolant temp problem.... New thermostat fitted

Kellsled

Advanced Member
Ok so cars water temp guage is reading about a quarter or so and has been doing this for a few weeks,before it went to half and stayed there. Thought it would be thermostat so changed that and still nothing. Radiator pipes seem a little on the stiff side when running so I bled the system today after I fitted the thermostat and until fan kicks it there no different and after fan goes off they do same again, any ideas what it can be?

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked if thermo is opening to see if radiator inlet pipe gets hot coming from engine block? Are you certain water pump is working and radiator (not just expansion) is full with no air locks?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Kellsled

Advanced Member
Just had car out tonight a quick run, changed thermostat to mishimoto one few days ago and temp guage runs even lower now, when driving hard it actually cut off vtec and wouldn't go much above the c sitting running. So if it's not the thermostat could it be a sender or something?i put a delete kit on the part beside fuel rail due to the common pipe snapping off on me the iaav or whatever it's called could it be this? Car runs great just not making temp

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Unless your temp gauge has gone funny (screws into rad) then it sounds like the thermo is stuck open to me so car never gets up to temp but you've changed that so stumped

Kellsled

Advanced Member
You mentioned water pump,but if it was that would the car not overheat with no coolant circulating? Seems like there's a little pressure aswell as small amount of coolant was leaking out of cap.