Coping With the Hosepipe Ban

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I'm one of the unfortunate ones who has been hit with the hosepipe ban. Today was my first day cleaning the car since it came into affect.

It wasn't actually as hard as I though it might be. I'm pretty used to using the pressure washer to clean off all the loose dirt and suds after washing.

I found that using a watering can was a good method for going over the car at first and getting rid of the loose dirt. I then used 2 buckets (1 for washing 1 for rinsing) to give the car a good clean. Followed by the watering can again for cleaning the suds off.

The stream from the can also helped make the drying easier.

Anyone else coping ok with the ban and any tips to share?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
No ban here, but I know what it's like when I used to live South East way. I just used a bucket of water, then another with soap, and another to wash it all off with. Simples.

Those portable car washes you can get though are really handy!

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Ooh I'll have to have a look at the portable car wash. The Meguiars wash and wax anywhere looks interesting too. Might come in handy for Japfest.

I think this ban is likely to last all summer.

A bird has already dumped on my bonnet today :xaiweb4:

Spoons86

Advanced Member
had one up here a few years back, and to be honest without sounding like a chav it didnt stop me washing the car like normal... the car needs to be kept clean.

jay82

Advanced Member
you'd think a pressure washer would use less water than filling a watering can each time to rince off the car

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
you'd think a pressure washer would use less water than filling a watering can each time to rince off the car
a pressure washer would use around 5 litres of water a minute.

standard hose pipe could use as much as 3,500 litres an hour

jay82

Advanced Member
a pressure washer would use around 5 litres of water a minute.

standard hose pipe could use as much as 3,500 litres an hour
so a power hose would use 300 litres a hour and it takes two mins to hose down a car and lift the heavy dirt off so they use less than running a hose

Zani

Advanced Member
The ban affects me too... I washed the car over the week end.. had to go back and forth with two buckets... wasn't too bad tbh

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
If your a cleaning addict then im sure you'll get your fix either way! :xyes:

I'm sure your cars look great fellas, even though you didn't use a hose.