Correct brake disc size?

wywywywy

Hi all,

Looking here, a lot of people have tried to buy brake discs for the DC5 Type-R only to receive the wrong size meant for a different car (Civic???).

But neither a search or Google can tell me the correct size :(

So I know the diameter is 300mm, but what are the thickness (28mm???) and height (47.2mm???) please?

This is for the front.

Thanks.

Filkmeister

Agree, unless you are looking for a significant upgrade the OEM discs are just the job. They are also good value for money, considering what you get.

There are engineering shops around that will slot them for you if that is relevant to you (track) or perhaps give them that nice high-performance touch!

HTH.

2ndy

Advanced Member
I had 3 sets of discs sent out which where all definitely dc5 discs which where ep3 discs. Better just ordering from Honda to save wasting time

wywywywy

Thank you guys. I may or may not go for a high performance pair, because I'm thinking I should at least go to one track day in my life, but I'm not sure yet.

How much are they directly from Honda?

And is the above link to Cox definitely not EP3 ones?

Thanks.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
2ndy said:
Standard discs and pads are more than adequate for a track day
i would say the oem pads are marginal for a track day, BUT if you change the fluid for a higher boiling point it helps, as does swapping the lines

Rom

Advanced Member
Standard pads didn't impress me much on the road. I swapped them before tracking it.
The discs are fine though.

jay.dee

Advanced Member
300mm dia, 25mm thick (replacement @ 23mm)

DC5R JDM (Brembo) rotor has a height of 57.8mm
DC5R, EP3R (non Brembo) has a height of 47.5mm

Mark_teg

Staff member
wywywywy said:
And what about brake pad thickness please?

When should they be replaced?
New thickness is 15mm as Cali says above.
I used to replace when the shim indicators squealed on the discs, you'll know when.