Couple of mech & elec problems

Melly

Advanced Member
My car is actually in a garage at the moment have this and other things looked at. I'll will relay this info to the garage tomorrow morning. Car has been in there since last wednesay now having things mech and elec looked at :( . I must say tho that Andy has been more than helpful when i have called him and i'm hoping to get the bits i need sent up to the garage from Andy very soon. Andy has Calum called you regarding my car? i left your number with him today but he was out of the workshop at that time.

Cheers
Melly

andytyperr

Advanced Member
Melly Wrote I must say tho that Andy has been more than helpful

Not having a pop at anyone,but am thinking that a final check over of both our cars should have shown up these problems,plus the paintwork on mine and i seem to have lost 6 months tax :wink:

i am sure that Andy will sort these issues out,but its just annoying :|

Melly

Advanced Member
Yeah 6 months tax has vanished from my car too :lol: . Spoke to the garage just now and pointed them in the direction you have gone so hopefully they can get to the bottom of it soon. Andy i think Calum will be giving you a call this morning regarding my car as he never made it back to the workshop yesterday :wink:

Cheers
Melly

andytyperr

Advanced Member
Melly did you get your car sorted?

managed to find a copy of the cobra fitting instructions
already had most of the wiring under the dash out,found the wire for the door switches checked continuity and found 12v :| cut these refitted the bonnet switch which now has no voltage. now just need to find the correct wire to connect door switch wire to,everything now seems to work ok.
may still rip it out though and just use the Honda system.

for your info the wires that i cut were blue,pink/blue both of these were connected to wires that disappeared up behind the dash along with the foglight wiring?

Andy

dp9901

Advanced Member
you can de activate the honda alarm by cutting the bonnet switch wire at the control unit and earthing one side out i cant remember off the top of my head on a sunday eve but will have a look at work tommorow and post it up tommorow night. i did it on mine as sometimes id hit the key buttons and set the whole lot off. by earthing the one side of the wire out the honda alarm thinks the bonnet is open and will not arm the doors all lock etc but alarm stays off :D

Melly

Advanced Member
My car is still in the garage Andy (13 days it's been in now. Only had the car for 17 days before it went in :lol: ) so i'm not sure if they have sorted out the wiring yet but i did point them in the direction you told me to so fingers x'd. The main concern is the mechanical problem so i'm just waiting to here back on weather or not it's what they think it is :( or something less costly and troublesome :D . I'll update the post to let you know how they are getting on and i'll also inform them of the door switches.

Cheers
Melly

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Hi melly and Andy,

Im annoyed at our alarm fitter for these issues guys :evil: - never had a problem with the pre facelift though i must admit. :?

Andy - thanks for relaying your experience to melly - i wish you didnt have to deal with this and i spotted the fault before the car left - suffice to say our checks on the alarm are now a lot more detailed before the car leaves our workshop.

Melly - Left a message with Tom and TGM today about getting those parts up for your car asap. Should hopefully have them up to the "dentist" by tommorow am and your car back on the road by the end of the weekend

Melly

Advanced Member
The car is still in the garage awaiting some parts to arrive. The first set of parts cured most of the problems but there is a different problem now thats is getting sorted as we speak. As far as the alarm goes it's gonna have to go to an alarm tech to get it sorted out but tbh i just want my car back as it's been gone 5 week this wednesday :lol:

It's just my luck to buy a car that had a couple of problems but i'm happy to report Andy has been doing everything he can to get me back on the road. I'll let you know how things progress :wink:

Cheers
Melly

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Melly, I have those parts that Checkpoint need to rectify the problem - i should have them up there by wednesday.....

Thanks for your continued Patience melly. :wink:

Melly

Advanced Member
Thats perfect Andy. I see on this website all the time folk who post up saying how great a garage/trader/insurance company etc is but no one really posts up about how those companies are when something bad/unexpected happens. So i just want folk to know that you are still working hard if not even harder for me now 6 weeks after you sold me the car just so that i am happy with my purchase. I can only imagine how easy life would be if other companies worked with such aftersales care and customer relations :wink:

Cheers
Melly

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Thanks melly,

By the way i managed to get a hold of some brand new Struts from a facelift Dc5 for you today.

Should be up to checkpoint on friday :wink:

Melly

Advanced Member
Cool. Hopefully i'll get it back for the weekend as i'm off work and want to go for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG drive :lol:

Cheers
Melly

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Hi andy,

A quick update for you fella.

we have mellys car back at our garage and the alarm fitter was round to sort out the electrical issue.

It turned out that there is a wiring fault to the back boot light.

To fix this -

a. Locate the courtesy light in the boot.
b. pop it out from behind.
c. Wiring loom has two wires feeding the plug, one has been tapped from the alarm.
d. Disconnect the wire from the alarm to the boot light wire and re attach it to the other wire feeding the boot light plug.

This should sort the back feeding problem.

Let me know how you get on andy.... :wink: