Crack in windscreen?!

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
So as the title suggests I have a crack in the windscreen of the dc5, anyone had a replacement before, and know the costs involved? I understand they're one of the only parts that need to be shipped from Japan. I'd be reluctant to go through the insurance only if needs must. Would it even be worth trying to source one through autoglass? Or is there a possibility they won't get the correct one?
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Had mine replaced by autoglass, they didn't seem to have any problems getting the screen. Only had to wait about 6 days due to work commitments. Would of thought you'd be ok

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
ollydc5 said:
Had mine replaced by autoglass, they didn't seem to have any problems getting the screen. Only had to wait about 6 days due to work commitments. Would of thought you'd be ok
Any ideas on prices or was it through insurance?
My premiums are bad enough!

ollydc5

Advanced Member
As above it was through insurance, didn't effect my policy in any way. I'd seek guidance from whoever you're covered with

Mark_teg

Staff member
When you speak to your insurer/glazing company tell them to bring a windscreen for a 2002-onwards Integra, even if your car is a 2001! They quite often turn up with a DC2 screen. Request the plastic trims are changed too.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
if your going through Autoglass then the part numbers you will need are..

DC5 screen - 3995AGN
Fitting seal - 3995ASMC
Left hand plastic trim - 3995ASMCL
Right hand plastic trim - 3995ASMCR

Honda part numbers are..
WINDSCREEN 73111 S6M 000
TOP MOULDING 73150 S6M 003
O/S MOULDING 73152 S6M 003
N/S MOULDING 73162 S6M 003

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I just had mine done with national windscreens who had one on shelf believe it or not. It was all done in a matter of days and they didn't have to replace the side trims.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
ollydc5 said:
As above it was through insurance, didn't effect my policy in any way. I'd seek guidance from whoever you're covered with
Gordydc5 said:
Hi it won't effect your premiums your windscreen is separate you will pay £70 iirc
I'd heard that I would need to declare it as a claim on any future quotes? Is this true? I don't mind paying the excess just could really do with getting to keep the premiums down.

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
When you speak to your insurer/glazing company tell them to bring a windscreen for a 2002-onwards Integra, even if your car is a 2001! They quite often turn up with a DC2 screen. Request the plastic trims are changed too.
Mines a 2003 so hopefully they'll get it right, but I'll make sure they know it's definitely a Dc5.
CaLi said:
if your going through Autoglass then the part numbers you will need are..

DC5 screen - 3995AGN
Fitting seal - 3995ASMC
Left hand plastic trim - 3995ASMCL
Right hand plastic trim - 3995ASMCR

Honda part numbers are..
WINDSCREEN 73111 S6M 000
TOP MOULDING 73150 S6M 003
O/S MOULDING 73152 S6M 003
N/S MOULDING 73162 S6M 003
Awesome mate thanks! May even be able to take these to the local windscreen shop and see if they can find it.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
BAD3GG said:
I'd heard that I would need to declare it as a claim on any future quotes? Is this true? I don't mind paying the excess just could really do with getting to keep the premiums down.

You wont have to declare anything mate. It will not make any difference to future ins. Dig out your policy and see what it says about windscreen cover and excess for replacement.

T.G.

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
Right just got a quote for 395 fitted by my local windscreen place using the part numbers CaLi supplied, (thanks made it a lot easier to find) which I didn't think was too bad hopefully get it done in the next week or two!

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Have you called the company that your insurance cover is with ?

It almost looks like your trying to mug yourself, you usually have some kind of windscreen excess to pay but it doesn't alter the policy. If you've already contacted them fair enough

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
Yes when I rang my insurance company (Admiral) and asked whether or not it would affect my premium they couldnt give any guarantee that it wouldn't be affected and they also said I would have to declare it on any future quotes

dave7368

Advanced Member
how can they say they can't guarantee it won't be effected? either it is covered or it isn't. simple no?

Just a thought, but has there been a load of staff recently move from Sky Insurance to Admiral..???

that's the stupid sort of thing i would expect them to say... :xhappy:

Mark_teg

Staff member
I've had a few windscreen (F&R) over the years with various companies and it's never affected my policy.
They just don't want the cost/hassle! Go through the insurance :)

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Mmmm, Admiral do have some funny foibles, i was with them for a year and come renewal time tried to charge extra as i went on an awareness course, no points on my license.

As far as i know they are the only company that do this..........Went to another company then with none of that Admiral malarky ;)

T.G.