Cracked Throttle Hose

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
hi, my car seems to have few cracks at the hose that connect the air box to the intake manifold... seems to be a common problem with our local K20 civics as well... i have ordered a replacement from a local parts shop... just wondering if its the same as the 2.0 liter CRVs or Accords hose (K20) n anyone has this problem???

bet u guys didnt notice it :cry:

Attachments

DC5-RS

really odd the materials used for the hosing pipe is very durable maybe it was damaged when fitting the induction kit?

Archie

Advanced Member
Mine split , must of been down to the gruppe m as it moves around a lot more than the standard box

Got a replacement from Honda for about £12 :D

Suped

Advanced Member
how about replacing the hose with a hardpipe like you get (example) on the AEM v2?

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
some people here took their ride to exhaust shop, to custom made the pipe ala turbo intercooler pipe style...

rarerims

Friends just bought a DC5 and his has split

just gone outside, and mines split as well :shock:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
How about replacing it with a performance silicon item ??

i have a friend at SFS i am sure they would do us a special deal (GB) as they do a replacement pipe for the oem bit, it will look good and be totally smooth inside.
I'll get a pic and price sorted asap.

Suped

Advanced Member
why didn't you come up with this idea in the first place Si?? then I couldn't bought a GruppeM to tart the side of the engine up. :lol:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
How about replacing it with a performance silicon item ??

i have a friend at SFS i am sure they would do us a special deal (GB) as they do a replacement pipe for the oem bit, it will look good and be totally smooth inside.
I'll get a pic and price sorted asap.
I'd be in. Be interested to see what could be done. Cheers Si.