Crashed the Teg :'(

DC187

Yup I've gone and crashed the Teg :'(

Happened on the way back from 7 stars at Langrish just here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client...06974&t=h&z=18

As I exited the corner I ended up in a snake that I couldn't regain control over, eventually I hit a bank on the left hand side of the road which flipped the car over and back onto the wheels where I ended up through some poor womans fence!

I wasn't driving fast or anything as I was in the middle of a queue of about 7 or 8 cars.
I dunno what to take from it just dunno how it all happened.

Fair play to the car though I got out of that without a single scratch knock or bruise.

Heres some pics:

The womans fence I ended up in:

The bank I flipped off:

Goodbye?

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear it. Breaks my heart seeing a teg like that. Glad your ok though :)

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Never nice to see... Had a motorbike run into mine a couple of days ago, it's heartbreaking and can understand how you must be feeling at the moment. Glad your OK.

markie

Advanced Member
I feel for you dude but the main thing is that you got away without any injurys.similar thing happened to me last year with my teg but a woman pulled out in front of me car was totaly wrecked,i got out with just a small cut on my elbow with crawling out of the car upside down.just goes to show that for a light weight body all the strength is in the right places.

dave c

400hp K20
ouch, looks nasty,

Glad you are ok,

Maybe lift over oversteer as the cause. had you just whipped round the bend and backed off?

If not, maybe oil/diesel/petrol/mud on the road?

DC187

It's really hard to say what caused it as I had already gotten round the corner, was just getting ready to build up speed again in the straight when the car suddenly lurched over to the oncoming lane. I think where I corrected that I just ended up fish tailing and then weight transfer just got the better of me.
But it all happened so quick I can't be 100% sure if it was the road, the car itself or something I contributed to.
I've had accidents in the past but I've always been able to come away from them with a lesson learnt, but this was all so surprising and unexpected. But I guess that's the lesson, expect the unexpected!

Tim J

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear this - it looks pretty bad but at least you're ok with no serious injuries.

With regards to the accident - do you think there was a problem with the steering at all? from what you described..car lurching from your lane onto another lane...rack issues?

Glad you're ok though.

Cheers

Tim

DC187

Tim J said:
Sorry to hear this - it looks pretty bad but at least you're ok with no serious injuries.

With regards to the accident - do you think there was a problem with the steering at all? from what you described..car lurching from your lane onto another lane...rack issues?

Glad you're ok though.

Cheers

Tim
Thats an interesting question. I'm assuming insurance will investigate as to if there was a fault on the car.

I had both hands on the wheel at the time, and it lurched to the right pretty hard, much harder than I would of had strength to hold.

However the car was still driveable afterwards into a layby so dunno :eek:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Was there any grooves in the road, ie. where the road was dug up previously? I tend to find that the car follows these tracks quite keenly and takes a bit of an effort to keep it on the right path, certainly doesn't pull it out your hands though...

DC187

Some pics of the road itself:

There were no noticeble abnormalities in the road, but it's always a possibility.

But yes I agree I've had the car follow the grooves in the road but as you say nothing that would violently drag you accross lanes.

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear this. Glad you're ok.

If you were in a convoy of quite a few cars maybe you touched the brakes slightly on the exit of the bend making the rear end lift, you then compensating, and as soon as the back end settled again it fishtailed round due to the lock you had on? Bad luck whatever happened.

Ollie

gibbyboy

Advanced Member
Unlucky mate,

Hope you get everything sorted out.

At least nobody was hurt and that is the important thing..

jay82

Advanced Member
hate seeing theses post, very sorry to see this

the tegg is only a car, and main thing is your still standing

let us no what the insurance out come is if its a car fault

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
At least your ok.

I skidded on ice on the 25th Jan and caused 3500 worth of damage, just getting my car back tomorrow mised it so much.

I waited 6 weeks on a part from Honda Japan.

hope you get it fixed up :)

DC187

I think it's gonna be a write off mate, just waiting on insurance to confirm my suspicions.

I've already started eyeing up a selection of cars once I have this mess sorted :)

Nate187

:shock: so sad to see a teg like that, identical to mine too :cry:
Great news your ok though.