Creaking from Rear

hondaft

Advanced Member
Hi guys, was wondering if you could help with this.

I fitted a lower tie bar the other week and now I've started noticing a creaking noise from the rear when I'm braking and pulling away in low gears.

I would have thought this is obviously to do with the bolts I loosened on the lower control arms to fit the lower tie bar. I did some searching and had read that when you tighten the bolts, the car cant be jacked up and all of the wheels need to be on the ground, is this what is causing it due to extra pressure on them?

Is it okay to drive it like this?

Thanks

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hi,

Why don't you loosen them, drop the car down, get underneath and then re tighten them? It would annoy the pants off me, so Id be changing it straight away. lol :)

hondaft

Advanced Member
Thats the plan mate :)

Just not got a lot of free time at the moment and I need to use the car so I wanted to make sure that Im not going to damage anything by driving it.

Not sure if there will be enough room to tighten them with the car down as well, I would need to see if I can borrow some ramps off one of my mates.

Gareth88

Advanced Member
I have the same issue after fitting my Progress Anti Roll Bar... I just presumed I hadn't put enough lube between the plate and the bushes and thats what was creating the creek ha ; Got me thinking about the bolts now =/. Although there was nothing in the destructions to say lower the car before tightening the bolts

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I had the same problem when I fitted my Progress ARB, like you I don't remember there being anything about loading the suspension before tightening the bolts, it did say to load it before tightening the drop links which I did. Anyway I was under the impression it was the drop links making the noise as I read on the RSX forum so I tried soaking them in WD40, which didn't cure it straight away but it disappeared after a couple days. So I could have been wrong, you might find it just stops after a while when its settled.