Creaking noise when turning steering wheel

donzooo

Advanced Member
Hi all. Just got my DC5 last week and have noticed that when i turn the wheel whilst stationary and doing very low speed manouvering i am getting a creaking noise from the front of the car. Not something I noticed straight away but it's extremely annoying and hate knowing there is a possible issue with my car.

I can't get the car in to get looked at for another 2 weeks or so... Is there anyone that has had this issue that may know what it is?

For reference car is lowered on Tein Control Master Flex coilovers and lowered with roughly 1" gap between tyre and arch.

DC5RS

DC5
I had something similar, a small noise when turning stationary on low speed. It was the ball joint in my case, bought brand new from honda and noise gone!

donzooo

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
I had something similar, a small noise when turning stationary on low speed. It was the ball joint in my case, bought brand new from honda and noise gone!
Thanks mate the LBJ was a worry of mine due to the price of the damn thing.

Been told from where I got the car that it was due to "the springs being wound tighter on the aftermarket coilovers" but would like a second opinion for obvious reasons.

Rom

Advanced Member
Ive had top mounts, standard and coilovers creak on me before.

RobS

Advanced Member
Donald did you ever get to the bottom of this? Mine has started doing it this afternoon.

donzooo

Advanced Member
RobS said:
Donald did you ever get to the bottom of this? Mine has started doing it this afternoon.
Strut top mount mate. The noise died down with use of the car but one shock needs a new mount as there is a bit of play in it causing the creaking sound.

Ordering new suspension this year so will probably end up selling the suspension cheapish as it is a really good set of coilovers and if someone is happy to put a new mount on then they are absolutely quality for track use.