Creaky rear end

ijlh

Advanced Member
The rear end of my car has always creaked whilst entering and exiting my driveway, and other situations whilst manoeuvring and when the angle of the car is changing.

It has done it with the original suspension, and with my new MeisterR coilovers. I also have brand new Hardrace rear camber arms. Drop links are also new. As are the rear anti roll bar bushes.

I've greased up every bush and joint that I can see and it always just creaks, and it's doing my head in.

Anyone got any remedies or encountered this problem before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight

Advanced Member
Rear droplinks or suspension my guess would be.

If it was more of a thud, I'd suggest exhaust but as it's more creaking it's either a bush or suspension.

Ours is greased up but ARB still makes a noise.

ijlh

Advanced Member
Drop links and suspension are brand spanking new. Less than a thousand miles on them both. It's a proper rubbery creak, which would obviously imply a bush of some sort, just haven't a clue what one. The ARB bushes are super greased up and also new.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Ours were brand new and creaked straight away even though greasing up with superpro liquid.

The bushes being new were super tight against our larger 28mm ARB. Although heard ones with OEM ARB creak.

Steer car left to right quickly moving forward, obviously in a safe place. Need to figure out if it's when increasing/decreasing in weight i.e. suspension or movement from side to side i.e. ARB.

ijlh

Advanced Member
Doesn't do it whilst steering left to right, doesn't do it going over speed bumps or anything either. Just slow speed changes in angle, three point turns, parking etc

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Mine was doing this at the rear left for ages. I swapped the rear suspension left to right and the creak moved with it.
I then swapped the top mounts and the creak remained, which was confusing. Then after a while it just stopped and been fine since!

I think it could have been the damper or spring but will never know now!

ijlh

Advanced Member
Trailing arm bushes is something I've been thinking actually...

It won't be the shocks or the top mounts as the noise has remained after fitting new MeisterR suspension and top mounts

jown

Advanced Member
Mine done the same after fitting hardrace rear droplinks but went away after 100 miles or so... just make sure everything is tightened

Kev.W

Advanced Member
This is the same as mine, creaked prior to changing any suspension too and I‘ve still not worked out where it‘s coming from either