Creaky / Squeeky Clutch Pedal

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all

First time I‘ve used the car in ages tonight and noticed the clutch pedal had a bit of a Creaky / Squeeky noise, anyone else had his and got any idea of what it could be or how to get rid of it.

Thanks

ste01

Advanced Member
I've had a the same on my old DC5 and a civic. Both times it was just a plastic bush/bearing type thing that allows
part of the mechanism to move. It usually just goes on its own with use in my experience.

Edit. Just read it again and do you mean it's coming from the actual pedal in the car or just when you press it?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
I've had a the same on my old DC5 and a civic. Both times it was just a plastic bush/bearing type thing that allows
part of the mechanism to move. It usually just goes on its own with use in my experience.

Edit. Just read it again and do you mean it's coming from the actual pedal in the car or just when you press it?
When pressing the pedal mate

BataLeon

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Hi all

First time I‘ve used the car in ages tonight and noticed the clutch pedal had a bit of a Creaky / Squeeky noise, anyone else had his and got any idea of what it could be or how to get rid of it.

Thanks
So weird mine started doing it last night was well, bit of WD40 on the spring and it was solved.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
So weird mine started doing it last night was well, bit of WD40 on the spring and it was solved.
Awesome will give it a shot, was hoping it's not anything bad and a part starting to fail :)

Britz

Advanced Member
Mine did this too so got awkwardly Down in the foot well followed the clutch pedal up and put some grease on the pin and any moving parts it should be pretty obvious which bits would need it which stopped mine completely I did wd40 it first time it happened but found it dried out in time and the squeak came back